2000 Silverstone Ksight for Sale 15k OBO - Page 3 - Insight Central: Honda Insight Forum

Go Back   Insight Central: Honda Insight Forum > Insightful Deals > Buy/Sell Insight-Related Items

Insightcentral.net is the premier Honda Insight Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 04-16-2019, 12:03 AM   #21 (permalink)

Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by retepsnikrep View Post
Upload them to YouTube then post the link here.

It's a nice job, but I honestly think you will be lucky to get half your asking price.
Just the way it is, not many buyers for quirky modded cars like this..
People generally want an Insight G1 for the frugality and unique design/tech etc not for blasting into the sunset.
Good luck though.
I never expected it to sell fast at all, i remember watching a LHT Ksight linger for sale for months on here. I know most owners are frugal, but everyone loves speed.
racecars are addictive, and this is an excellent addition to any insight collection or better alternative to a sports car.
The greatest thing about the swap is it's reliability. compared to the touchy programming and battery management issues that come up with stock insights, this car is always ready to go.
unlike a stock IMA insight, theres never a need to worry about storing it until its ready to rip loose upon the roads.
and truthfully is far less stressful to drive than a stock insight, never in danger of being run off the road by an truck or dinosaur-like suv, the speed is always on tap to briskly and easily escape harm's way; and there are far more creature comforts, like the 10" sub, USB drive on the head unit, bluetooth, and seat heaters when its chilly (it also takes far less time to heat up on a winter's day).
compared to any stock insight, this car makes a normal one look quirky.

Honestly i cant say i ever really truly enjoyed a stock insight until i started modding them, the seat was always my first mod. cars are never a one size fits all. there is someone out there that needs this, it just needs more exposure to find them. I find alot of ppl judge the book by its cover too soon, though.
Advertisement

Old 04-16-2019, 09:45 PM   #22 (permalink)

Seems like you have the right attitude about the sale. A swapped insight is a limited market item and you seem ready to wait. I'd love to own one as a second car, but I have to have at least one car with back seats due to children...

RIP 2000 Insight, 40k miles @ 69.2 mpg
2000 Insight, AKA "The Basket Case" or "The Go Pod" @185k miles @ 63.5 mpg
-IMAC&C, OBDIIC&C, Scott's aero panel, grid charger, cheapo sound system
samwichse is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-16-2019, 11:25 PM   #23 (permalink)

Garage
Red face

Quote:
Originally Posted by samwichse View Post
Seems like you have the right attitude about the sale. A swapped insight is a limited market item and you seem ready to wait. I'd love to own one as a second car, but I have to have at least one car with back seats due to children...
thanks for chiming in, Samwichse, I am pretty comfortable waiting for the right buyer. Until then, I do need to get out and take the car to shows, enjoy it, and get the word out there!!
If I absolutely need it to go, I will most likely list it on Bring-a-Trailer auctions, there are plenty of rare and swapped cars that come through there daily.
If the car hits the auction, I will be sure to let the forums know.

I may end up listing my other car as well; my dailydriver k24 swapped ksight, which is a beat test-mule, but aggressively fast (dangerously fast) and for a advanced driver.
I have alot going on, even though im not working on any projects which is strange for me, not to be building something constantly...
so im just taking the sale very slowly and letting it run it's course, it does get better reaction in person than in pictures online.

Anyone local to Ohio, let me know some shows u would like to see it at!
Just for Kicks, Ill post a few pix of the k24 daily with it aka the "doubleDragons" together... at one time they were twins...
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_20190223_094311.jpg (203.7 KB, 7 views)
File Type: jpg 2019-03-02-16-25-28.jpg (292.2 KB, 7 views)
File Type: jpg 2019-02-16-23-00-28.jpg (172.1 KB, 6 views)
File Type: jpg 2019-03-02-16-28-53.jpg (73.1 KB, 9 views)
Advertisement

Old 05-22-2019, 12:07 AM   #24 (permalink)

Garage
Default final bump, and Final buy it now price of $13k OBO

BUMP once more back to the top
Not sure if already posted this but car is currently priced at its lowest buy it now price
$13k Or Best Offer

Ive been taking it to Shows and enjoying the reactions of ppl seeing it,
its still blowing minds! Anytime I revved it at Superfly, kids were like "WTF is in that thing?!?" LOL one kid argued with his buddy that could not have been the car making those sounds because his eyes only saw the "Insight Hybrid" badges on the back their passionate excitement makes the build so worth it!

So the car will stay at this price, I will soon give the car an Oil Change with Motul 300V 0W20 Ester Core racing oil and Change the Trans Oil with Motul as well. Then Ill Detail the interior and Polish the paint before Ceramic Coating exterior, parts of the interior panels, Brake calipers, valve cover, and some parts of the engine bay.
I will be using Avalon King Armor Shield IX Ceramic Coating
after that, I will still take it to a few shows but it will officially hit Bring a Trailer Auctions.
So be ready to place ur bids, U could get it for a great price!!

and here are a few more recent pix of the car just being clean and reliable
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 2019-05-21-23-42-38.jpg (275.5 KB, 7 views)
File Type: jpg 2019-05-21-23-45-39.jpg (465.0 KB, 14 views)
File Type: jpg 2019-05-21-23-47-09.jpg (110.5 KB, 8 views)
Old 06-20-2019, 12:02 AM   #25 (permalink)

Garage
Exclamation UPDATE!! Car goes Live on Ebay Auction June 21st 2019!!!

Big news for everyone that has been wanting this car, or just angry at the price
I just Listed the Car for Auction on Ebay.com last night

It is scheduled to go live at June 21st 2019 @7am!!!
the bidding starts at $4k and the reserve is set around half the original asking price at $9k but it can be bought promptly for $11k which was my lowest take on it.

The paint has been fully Touched up with Honda OEM Silverstone Metallic touch up paint and Polished after curing for 2days. last Friday, Avalon King Armor Shield IX Ceramic Coating was applied as well.The car looks immaculate and has had a Revision to the front Springs using D2 EP3 coilover coil springs, cut to maintain the same 1inch lowering height as before. suspension is now the as good as it gets!!
and the Engine recieved a fresh Oil change with Motul 0w20 Chrono 300v oil and trans got torco friction modifier added to ease the synchros. The K&N short ram air filter was also cleaned and Recharged with K&N oil.

count down the days, i will post on the ebay for sale side of the forums when it goes livebut for now, the item number is 254268592510 (its not active until the auction goes live)
save it for when it hits auction!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_20190617_201539.jpg (123.7 KB, 6 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_20190618_191856.jpg (157.9 KB, 6 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_20190618_191748.jpg (226.8 KB, 3 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_20190618_192646.jpg (209.5 KB, 6 views)

Last edited by rajcat; 06-20-2019 at 12:06 AM.
rajcat is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Tags
cars, forsale, ksight, perfection, tuned

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Insight Central: Honda Insight Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in