2002 Blue M/T for sale KC area - Page 2 - Insight Central: Honda Insight Forum

Go Back   Insight Central: Honda Insight Forum > Insightful Deals > Buy/Sell Insight-Related Items

Insightcentral.net is the premier Honda Insight Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 05-01-2019, 11:16 AM   #11 (permalink)

Just a heads up.

I did just acquire a tow dolly and depending on the terms of any deal on this car and the location I might be interested in delivery of it.

Now that I am retired the wife and I are always looking for weekend road trip/get-aways and could possibly be convinced to combine an out of town trip with a delivery.

Thanks for any interest.
fixitmann is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-07-2019, 07:42 AM   #12 (permalink)

Is the paint on the roof getting faded at all or can you still see yourself in it like on the sides? Any other clear coat damage or major scratches besides the missing clearcoat on the rear spoiler?
hondarider90 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-07-2019, 09:17 AM   #13 (permalink)

You can still see a reflection in the clearcoat on the roof, it just looks less shiny than the hood.
No other areas seem affected or losing any clearcoat.
Most of the scratches except down really low on the sides should buff off.
There are a few spots on the hood that have chips from driving it like any normal older vehicle that's been on the highway.

I can take some additional pictures if that will help you see anything you may be interested in.

Sorry been out of town for a few days.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-07-2019, 09:48 PM   #14 (permalink)

Yeah, I guess the rims and the hood and roof would give me a better idea. If it's still reflective the clearcoat should have a few years left in it and probably just needs the roof buffed. Mine is pretty dull on my red so not sure it can be saved.

The boyfriend likes blue but I'm not sure I can talk him into a manual. I hate the cvt cars and want nothing to do with working on an automatic transmission.
Old 05-08-2019, 07:56 AM   #15 (permalink)

Sent you a pm with email and cell phone number. Texting is usually best.

Tyler
Old 05-11-2019, 12:10 AM   #16 (permalink)

Quote:
OK no interest?
For what it is worth, I've been interested, but like mentioned before the location has been the hold back for me not chiming in. Logistically the costs of getting the car to NY have been making it difficult, in addition to just being busy enough to not be able to deal with it. The price is great, you have shared a boat load about the car, and I like what I see.

If you still have it next month then maybe I can make it happen. Still, it is 2500 miles round trip, costs of trailer rental, fuel, lodging, etc. Maybe flying in and driving home, but I find my 03 uncomfortable after about 2 hours as it is, and my seats are in better shape. Maybe a car transport service, looks like $1300ish on Uship but that is the least hassle. No "great" options.
Old 05-11-2019, 09:30 AM   #17 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Froggy View Post
If you still have it next month then maybe I can make it happen. Still, it is 2500 miles round trip, costs of trailer rental, fuel, lodging, etc. Maybe flying in and driving home, but I find my 03 uncomfortable after about 2 hours as it is, and my seats are in better shape. Maybe a car transport service, looks like $1300ish on Uship but that is the least hassle. No "great" options.
Here's the was you do a cheap delivery. Pack snacks, sandwiches and drinks, and buy a one way Greyhound ticket. I've done this several times to get Mexican dental work. You will meet some interesting people, truly
Old 05-13-2019, 09:50 AM   #18 (permalink)

Hey all,
Just got back from a long Mothers day and 80th birthday celebration for the mother in law.
Sorry I haven't responded over the weekend.

Hondarider90; I will try to get the detail pictures out today.

Froggy; Not sure how it would work out logistically but there is a possibility that we will be in Stafford Springs Connecticut which is just South of Springfield Massachusetts toward the of June.

There would obviously need to be discussion and details to work though before I could commit to driving or transporting it anywhere.
One-way car hauler rental cost?
If I drove it to Conn. the spouse would need convincing to make that journey in the insight, she thinks it rides rough also. LOL

Still I do have a dolly and could be open to lots of possible options.
I can PM anyone my direct contact info.

Thanks all.
Old 05-14-2019, 11:11 PM   #19 (permalink)

I took a look at the pictures car and the condition of the car is within reason for somewhere near what you're asking. I'll have to mull over if I want another car with that many cosmetic issues though since without a full respray there's really no good fix for it and that runs more than the vehicle.
Old 05-15-2019, 10:39 AM   #20 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by hondarider90 View Post
I took a look at the pictures car and the condition of the car is within reason for somewhere near what you're asking. I'll have to mull over if I want another car with that many cosmetic issues though since without a full respray there's really no good fix for it and that runs more than the vehicle.
I understand, thanks for letting me know you got them. On the plus side there is no peeling of paint but it is definitely "worn" on the roof more than the rest of the car. Might be able to respray the roof only eventually. In case anyone else is wondering here are a couple of close-ups of the roof, this is the worst area on the car. I can send more pictures to anyone interested of any part of the car including the bottom.

No big rush, want to be as honest and upfront as possible to anyone interested.

Thanks
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 20190513_170346_HDR. ver2.jpg (998.4 KB, 4 views)
File Type: jpg 20190513_170423_HDR .ver2.jpg (1.01 MB, 4 views)
File Type: jpg 20190513_170445_HDR ver2.jpg (1.05 MB, 3 views)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Insight Central: Honda Insight Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
Location (Required)
Where you live
Insurance
Please select your insurance company (Optional)

Log-in