2001 w/CVT Low 146K/ 47mpg. Needs repair. - Insight Central: Honda Insight Forum

Go Back   Insight Central: Honda Insight Forum > Insightful Deals > Buy/Sell Insight-Related Items

Insightcentral.net is the premier Honda Insight Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 04-10-2019, 04:21 PM   #1 (permalink)

Default 2001 w/CVT Low 146K/ 47mpg. Needs repair.

NEW MAKE OFFER PRICING!!! 2001 Gen1 w/ low 146,712 miles, 47.7 mpg average. 3rd (AZ) owner for last 100K and 13 years. New (not reconditioned or remanufactured) IMA battery pack from Hybrid Revolt in 12/2012. As of today starts instantly with no check engine or IMA lights. Excellent engine, no leaks or oil burning. Custom console w/ armrest/storage. Honda S2000 CD w/ code. Factory body and electrical manuals, all service records, unused tint kit. Good interior. Exterior good except clear coat shot and RF fender small cracked from a deer running into it (has badly applied epoxy to prevent crack spreading). Glass good except bottom of windshield has two small cracks by wipers (no vision impairment) that go bottom edge to bottom edge and have not spread in 4 years.
Last June the car suddenly stopped moving in D or R and made a grinding noise when taken out of neutral or park. Parked since. Online research seems to point to worn splines on the flywheel flex plate that don't engage the transmission input shaft well enough when the shaft is under load but don't slip in neutral or park. But since I retired and drove the car from AZ to OR I don't need it any more and am not going to repair it. So MAKE ME A REASONABLE OFFER (or maybe an unreasonable one) and it is yours. IT IS NOT DRIVEABLE AS IS. WILL NEED TO TRAILER OR TOW DOLLY. Car is in Coos Bay, Oregon, about 100 miles north of the CA border and about 90 miles west of I-5. I can assist with loading if needed.
I was not able to attach photos to this post but can email a set to anyone interested. Email me at refrigman45 at gmail dot com. Or call me at five 2 zero two 3 seven twenty two 6 five.

Last edited by refrigman; 04-25-2019 at 11:39 PM. Reason: CHANGE OF PRICE
refrigman is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Insight Central: Honda Insight Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in