UK eBay Honda Insight ONLY 35000 miles !!! - Insight Central: Honda Insight Forum

Go Back   Insight Central: Honda Insight Forum > Insightful Deals > eBay Auctions: Honda Insight related

Insightcentral.net is the premier Honda Insight Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 04-05-2014, 04:52 PM   #1 (permalink)

Default UK eBay Honda Insight ONLY 35000 miles !!!

The bidding frenzy has already begun, with almost a week still to go and already up to 1600 with 25 bids...(btw no connection with seller)

HONDA INSIGHT 995 CC HYBRID COUPE 35000 MLS | eBay

How much do we think it will go for ? Given recent sales, it will be amazing if it doesn't exceed 5000. Especially at such low mileage and "new battery pack fitted last year" (they do mean IMA battery, don't they?)

I doubt that they will accept one of Mark's famous low-ball offers either
Insight_EU_107 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-06-2014, 06:05 PM   #2 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Insight_EU_107 View Post
The bidding frenzy has already begun
Quote:
I doubt that they will accept one of Mark's famous low-ball offers either
Bid price is already 4,400 with 5+ days to go!
ewan is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-07-2014, 03:41 AM   #3 (permalink)
Lifetime Member

I'm sorely tempted.
Mark Elvin is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-12-2014, 04:34 PM   #4 (permalink)

Default Wow!!!

That (5912) must be the highest sale price for a long while. Anyone on here get it ?

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 2 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 2 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Old 04-12-2014, 04:53 PM   #5 (permalink)
Lifetime Member

Not me.

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App
Mark Elvin is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-14-2014, 06:13 PM   #6 (permalink)

Default It's me :)

I picked it up this afternoon. Low mileage, had a big service in Nov '12 which included a new IMA battery and 12v battery. It's got a few marks here and there inside, but the exterior looks pretty good - I'll give it a good clean at the weekend, and will put up some pics then.

I now have lots of open questions about fixing it up which I'll try to work through the forum, and I've a few ideas to jazz it up a bit - like replacing the seats with S2000 seats, and steering wheel with an S2000 one, possibly even getting it retrimmed (like here).

I was in a hurry to get back from collecting it so drove it sedately for a while then caned it a little when the road opened up. On the phone to the Mrs, I confessed and said I was only getting 67.7mpg out of it
Old 04-15-2014, 03:48 AM   #7 (permalink)

Default Congratulations

Lucky you. But only 67mpg You will look back in a few months and recoil in horror at how poor that was

Having done over 5000 miles in mine now, some friendly advice...

1. If you haven't already got one, set aside some cash for one of Peter's OBDIIC&C readers. The lean burn LED makes your quest for better economy much easier, and the other features will really help you get the most out of your Insight experience.
2. Either build or buy (Peter again) a grid charger to keep the IMA battery in tip-top health.
3. Get your tyres pumped up to the safe limit marked on the tyre wall.
4. Get some low rolling resistance tyres ASAP. I went for the Continental ContiEcoContact 5 in 165/70R14 form as they help the ride quality (taller profile) even with 50psi. The downside is taller gearing which takes some getting used to.
5. Get a 4 wheel alignment performed on a Hunter machine. The old fashioned "tracking" in either 2 or 4 wheel form is a false economy and will never give accurate alignment. Nothing worse than a car that doesn't steer straight.
6. Make yourself a radiator block to help reduce warm times outside of summer. Be sure to remove it in the summer, or at speed any time of the year. Best not to fit one of these until you have an OBDIIC&C reader as the dash temperature reading isn't much use.
7. When it is serviced, insist on genuine Honda Green Engine Oil, anything else will hit your mpg.
8. If you aren't already know as one, get used to being classed as a car bore, droning on about mpg and hyper-miling.
9. Keep researching on here, there is a vast pool of knowledge and support, so tap into it.
9. Enjoy. A lot

Old 04-15-2014, 04:06 PM   #8 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Insight_EU_107 View Post
Having done over 5000 miles in mine now, some friendly advice...

1. If you haven't already got one, set aside some cash for one of Peter's OBDIIC&C readers. The lean burn LED makes your quest for better economy much easier, and the other features will really help you get the most out of your Insight experience.
2. Either build or buy (Peter again) a grid charger to keep the IMA battery in tip-top health.
3. Get your tyres pumped up to the safe limit marked on the tyre wall.
4. Get some low rolling resistance tyres ASAP. I went for the Continental ContiEcoContact 5 in 165/70R14 form as they help the ride quality (taller profile) even with 50psi. The downside is taller gearing which takes some getting used to.
5. Get a 4 wheel alignment performed on a Hunter machine. The old fashioned "tracking" in either 2 or 4 wheel form is a false economy and will never give accurate alignment. Nothing worse than a car that doesn't steer straight.
6. Make yourself a radiator block to help reduce warm times outside of summer. Be sure to remove it in the summer, or at speed any time of the year. Best not to fit one of these until you have an OBDIIC&C reader as the dash temperature reading isn't much use.
7. When it is serviced, insist on genuine Honda Green Engine Oil, anything else will hit your mpg.
8. If you aren't already know as one, get used to being classed as a car bore, droning on about mpg and hyper-miling.
9. Keep researching on here, there is a vast pool of knowledge and support, so tap into it.
9. Enjoy. A lot
Thanks for the advice! I've got OBDIIC&C on the list, and will take a good look at the tyres over the weekend - the OS front is a Kumho of some vintage and I presume the NS front is too. I think the rears are Michelins but I'll have a closer look.

Oh, and there's no danger of me NOT being classed a car bore Here're some of my other obsessions...
https://flic.kr/p/j6CeoT
http://tinyurl.com/blueeuropa

Last edited by ewan; 04-15-2014 at 04:24 PM.
Old 04-16-2014, 06:59 AM   #9 (permalink)

Congratulations on the purchase, I'm about to pull my S2000 wheel out in a couple of weeks if your interested.
Puggie is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-18-2014, 02:02 AM   #10 (permalink)

Puggie - you have PM. I wouldn't mind taking a look at your car too, if you're not too far away from me (W Berks).
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Insight Central: Honda Insight Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
Location (Required)
Where you live
Insurance
Please select your insurance company (Optional)

Log-in