On your mark. Get set........ - Insight Central: Honda Insight Forum

Go Back   Insight Central: Honda Insight Forum > Insightful Deals > eBay Auctions: Honda Insight related

Insightcentral.net is the premier Honda Insight Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 10-28-2014, 09:39 AM   #1 (permalink)
Lifetime Member

Default On your mark. Get set........

Go!!!!!!!!!!!!

For all the dreamers here that think they can get $5k, $6k, $7k+ for a beater (200k mi + car), here is a citrus with 147k mi with a good tranny and IMA that can be bought for $3500:
http://www.ebay.com/itm/2000-Honda-I...p2047675.l2557
I offered $3500 for this car 3 weeks ago but the seller waited too long and just recently stated they will accept my offer which has since expired due to too many dust collectors around here. Please don't bug the seller unless you are very serious. Who wants a hundred questions from a bunch of pretenders?

I have not seen the car in person so buy at your own risk. The above does not apply to Atikovi as he aint a dreamer and can and does get top dollar for his cars due to his talent in maintenance, photography and auction ad display. JMHO.

Gerald

Last edited by galevin; 10-28-2014 at 10:02 AM.
galevin is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-28-2014, 06:51 PM   #2 (permalink)
Lifetime Member

Sounds like he gave you a second chance offer? Yeah, those happen when a buyer falls through or when the seller has another account he uses to run up the bids, but doesnt get what he wants.

Ebay frowns on people selling stuff outside the bidding system once the bidding is over.

Cobb is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-28-2014, 06:53 PM   #3 (permalink)
Lifetime Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cobb View Post
Sounds like he gave you a second chance offer? Yeah, those happen when a buyer falls through or when the seller has another account he uses to run up the bids, but doesnt get what he wants.

Ebay frowns on people selling stuff outside the bidding system once the bidding is over.
I never bid on the car.
I contacted the seller after the auction.
Gerald

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

Last edited by galevin; 10-28-2014 at 06:56 PM.
galevin is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-29-2014, 04:22 AM   #4 (permalink)

EDIT (got my facts wrong).

These cars now remind me of the CRX's I had several of 10 years ago as a teenager. Increasingly rare (especially in good conditon), and because of their 'cult' status sellers appear to ask increasingly ridiculous prices (imo).

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 2 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Last edited by dmt257; 10-29-2014 at 06:09 AM.
dmt257 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-29-2014, 05:28 AM   #5 (permalink)

I got mine for three grand off Craigslist, and it's a Florida car in excellent condition inside and out with 203,000 on the odo. It has AC, upgraded seats, a Kenwood 4 speaker system with DVD player/Navigation, new paint, good tires, tint, functioning IMA system, etc . . . . I don't think it will depreciate any below what I bought it for if I go to sell it, I might even make money if gas is ridiculously high at that point. A similar one with 50,000 less miles just sold in my county for over four grand last week, but it wasn't in near as good shape as mine.

I'm planning on driving it indefinitely and keeping up with repairs, or until I get an Elio if they ever roll them out, then I'm sure I'll pass it on to one of my sons
"Ron Burgundy" 2001 custom burgundy MT, 112K miles, new IMA battery, sunroof, shaved doors, black leather interior, solar charger, grid charger, Kenwood 4 speaker sound, 3D printed 3-button shifter, custom lower grill block, pod side mirrors, mirrored moon discs

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 2 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

"Turtle" 2000 Silver MT #880 ***retired***
cowmeat is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-03-2014, 01:21 PM   #6 (permalink)
Lifetime Member

Default Can't believe

I cannot believe that nobody didn't ponce on this car when I said it could be purchased for $3500. Seller has relisted this and the bid is now $3500
Honda Insight Base Hatchback 3 Door | eBay
What ever happened to the collectibility of these citrus cars? It's like the supply when up and the demand and gas prices went down. I guess it sux for that "collector" who has eight of these. What was he thinking?
Gerald
Old 11-03-2014, 02:33 PM   #7 (permalink)
Lifetime Member

I dont think the Citrus is as rare or desirable as people make it out to be. At the meet up at Trucks house the white insight got most of the attention. Hell, we had like 6 Citrus there and a few others left theirs at home to take another insight.

Cobb is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-03-2014, 03:48 PM   #8 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cobb View Post
I dont think the Citrus is as rare or desirable as people make it out to be. At the meet up at Trucks house the white insight got most of the attention. Hell, we had like 6 Citrus there and a few others left theirs at home to take another insight.
Get your double vision corrected my friend - the friend part actually true in this case

There are only two shown in the group picture.

How many are there in the nation? Who really knows, they were only sold in 2000, because they apparently didn't sell in large numbers at the time. They are overrepresented at meets and such because the afficionado's who congregate here chase them down. Lets look at getting an estimate another way. The Citrus registry shown here:

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/...nT3FUVkE#gid=0

was a two year attempt to find all the units I could identify. It has 30 U.S. entries. I know of 7 more, not yet entered. Lets say I've only been able to find half the cars, then that would make a total of something like 80-100 cars, not a very large number. One can see that many silver cars driving twice around the D.C. beltway.

But, as galevin pointed out sometime previously, the Pearl Blue from 05-06 may actually be more rare, since very few G1 were sold that year.

Collecting has always been a turbulent activity. Values have always been volatile for collectable cars. Sometime in the future, perhaps in another 10-15 years, we will really know whether the Citrus is a collectable. Collectibles are usually depressed when inflation is low. The government is telling us that we actually have to fear deflation at this point, and deflation has already occurred in some European countries.

I don't really understand the apparent hostility toward collecting cars. The cars which fall into the hands of collectors get some of the most devoted and loving care of any. Isn't it a good thing to have a beautiful example to look, carry to a car show and occasionally drive?

Last edited by jime; 11-03-2014 at 04:12 PM.
jime is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-03-2014, 04:01 PM   #9 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by galevin View Post
I cannot believe that nobody didn't ponce on this car when I said it could be purchased for $3500. Seller has relisted this and the bid is now $3500
The pictures are terrible and do a poor job representing the car, it is a NE car probably having some rust on various steel bolts, nuts, brackets and lines, and gas prices are at near record lows. There are no interrior pictures. The seller doesn't know how to represent the car.

When atikovi buys the car, moves it here to the Mid-Atlantic and adequately prepares it for sale, it will bring $6000.

Last edited by jime; 11-10-2014 at 09:53 AM.
jime is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-03-2014, 08:12 PM   #10 (permalink)

I was high bidder with two days left.
In original ebay description seller stated IMA came on 2 or 3 times a year. Seller then amended description without Ima issue. I retracted.
I do agree with jime that these cars , especially in the rust belt are prone to issues.
Just letting everyone know
albert247 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Insight Central: Honda Insight Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
Location (Required)
Where you live
Insurance
Please select your insurance company (Optional)

Log-in