Insight K Swap For Sale on Ebay - Insight Central: Honda Insight Forum

Go Back   Insight Central: Honda Insight Forum > Insightful Deals > eBay Auctions: Honda Insight related

Insightcentral.net is the premier Honda Insight Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 11-20-2014, 06:50 PM   #1 (permalink)

Default Insight K Swap For Sale on Ebay

NOT MINE just passing along. I know a lot of people on here that want a Ksight so here's your chance.

Looks like no reserve starting at 10k

http://pages.ebay.com/link/?nav=item...d=181590257678
hybridbatteryrebuild is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-20-2014, 08:26 PM   #2 (permalink)

Cool a k sight and right hand drive. That's got to be cool drag racing on the street!
Old 11-20-2014, 09:07 PM   #3 (permalink)
Lifetime Member

Very nice. Questions:
1. What is the general consensus of the way this car was put together? Sam (rainsux) and Scott (kyl3cyl) I'd really like your opinion on this.
2. I always thought you could not get a RHD Insight into the US due to DOT requirements. How did he get this plated? Anyone else ever seen a RHD Insight registered in the US? Could there be a problem titling this in another state? (IN).
3. Assuming you had a regular RHD insight here in the US, what would it take in time and money to produce this car?
4 Are all Ksight swaps turbopowered?
5. Anyone remember what other Ksights have sold for in the past? I thought those cars were $15-20k min?
6. Why is that hood tweeked? Engine too tall at the firewall area?
This car is starting to turn my crank. Very interested but need some some answers.
Gerald

Last edited by galevin; 11-20-2014 at 09:22 PM.
galevin is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-20-2014, 10:29 PM   #4 (permalink)

This is someones car on the forum, i just cant remember who. Galevin I say get it. I was thinking about it. I have always wanted one, at the same time just be aware you are buying a Frankenstein it will have complications.
Old 11-20-2014, 11:20 PM   #5 (permalink)
Lifetime Member

Taylor,
I've got enough problem cars to last me for 10 lifetimes and all I need is another car with problems. This car is a 'Frankinsight'.

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App
Old 11-21-2014, 12:03 AM   #6 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by galevin View Post
Very nice. Questions:
1. What is the general consensus of the way this car was put together? Sam (rainsux) and Scott (kyl3cyl) I'd really like your opinion on this.
2. I always thought you could not get a RHD Insight into the US due to DOT requirements. How did he get this plated? Anyone else ever seen a RHD Insight registered in the US? Could there be a problem titling this in another state? (IN).
3. Assuming you had a regular RHD insight here in the US, what would it take in time and money to produce this car?
4 Are all Ksight swaps turbopowered?
5. Anyone remember what other Ksights have sold for in the past? I thought those cars were $15-20k min?
6. Why is that hood tweeked? Engine too tall at the firewall area?
This car is starting to turn my crank. Very interested but need some some answers.
Gerald
Hi Galevin, let me answer some of your concerns

You cant really analyze how well this car was put together unless someone who knows about the k20 insight swaps thoroughly looks over it in person and ask questions to the owner. It does look like the shock towers were modified a bit to fit a suspension on the insight by looking over the pictures. Personally I dont like that part.

All K-swaps arent turbocharged. You have to remember there are many variances of the K-series motors. This one is the K24A1 which came out of a accord, element, and crv US model which boasts roughly 160hp and 160lbft of torque. This is a good motor because static compression on this particular motor is low roughly 9.5:1 which makes it a good choice to turbocharge the motor. also this motor is relatively affordable because it is not in high demand due to horsepower output.

The price for a K-swap generally run how well mechanically inclined you are. Assuming just parts alone and no labor, you are looking between $6-8K maybe depending if you can get a good deal on the motor and which motor you decide to use. if you have a reputable shop to do it, youre looking at double that roughly.

The hood isnt tweaked. just like you stated, it is propped higher to clear either the engine or sidewinder turbo manifold it has mounted. it also looks like the original hood latch had to be removed because of clearance issues of the intake manifold, thats why the car is using custom hood latches.

but ofcourse swaps comes with its own complications. there might be a huge amount of learning curve if someone inexperienced decides to buy a car of this caliber.

i personally dont buy heavily modified cars such as this one that has been converted to RHD as well, due to the fact that when a problem occurs whether its tuning related, electrical bugs, or just anything in general, it can become a nightmare to deal with issues due to the fact that the buyer wasnt personally there when the swap process was taking place so you wont know what exactly has been done, where the harness was routed, how the pins were rearranged etc. so fixing a potential problem in the future can become time comsuming, drain morale, drain your wallet, and also become a nightmare for other shops.

i suggest you do a lot of research before so youll know what youre getting yourself into

this is all from personal experience.

Last edited by J . K .; 11-21-2014 at 12:26 AM.
J . K . is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-21-2014, 12:28 AM   #7 (permalink)

PM Sent.

Sam
MIMA #150
Genesis Charger and Discharger
BumbleBee Battery
OBDIIC&C Gauge
NM license plate KERS
(Kinetic Energy Recovery System)
Alpine Stereo
Scott's front and rear springs
GAZ rear shocks
2003 Lean Burn CVT (Wife's car)
2000 Citrus with aerodynamic extension
2002 Blue getting new engine
Rainsux is online now   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-21-2014, 07:36 AM   #8 (permalink)
Lifetime Member

J.K. Really appreciate the answers. Interesting that this car was converted to RHD. Wonder why that was done? You would think the owner/modifier would have his hands full with the K20 and turbo swap. Seems like a ton of money and time was put into this car. Along with its positives this car surely has some hidden negatives to surprise the new owner.
Gerald

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App
Old 11-21-2014, 10:10 AM   #9 (permalink)

Wow like this. Seems to me like they took the vin plates off a 2006 insight (so illegal)
jealous1shateric is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-21-2014, 04:43 PM   #10 (permalink)
Lifetime Member

Does anyone remember this car from this forum? I'd like to read the postings from this member to learn more.
Thanks, Gerald
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Insight Central: Honda Insight Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
Location (Required)
Where you live
Insurance
Please select your insurance company (Optional)

Log-in