2000 Honda Insight Hybrid Manual 98k miles - $1399 (Wallington NJ) - Insight Central: Honda Insight Forum

Go Back   Insight Central: Honda Insight Forum > Insightful Deals > eBay Auctions: Honda Insight related

Insightcentral.net is the premier Honda Insight Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-11-2015, 07:04 PM   #1 (permalink)

Default 2000 Honda Insight Hybrid Manual 98k miles - $1399 (Wallington NJ)

Here is a possible good deal in New Jersey

Selling 2000 Honda Insight, a Hybrid vehicle. 2dr Hatchback. 98.500 miles.

2000 Honda Insight Hybrid - 98k miles

Notable Features & Specs
Engine - 67hp 1.0 liter 3 cyl. (gas hybrid) City 61 / Hwy 70 MSRP $18,880
Transmissions: 5-speed manual

Run & Drive, super clean in & out, very fuel efficient. #1 Gas saver car!
Carfax 1-Owner vehicle. Has good tires. Needs some TLC.
Priced for quick sale. Asking $1399 Negotiable in person.
Make your reasonable offers @ show contact info Dito

P.S. to see real video of this car please copy and past this link bellow
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kYRGfUJOpfM
P.S.S. you can see other cars by clicking "more ads by this user" at your right
P.S.S.S. receive $50 check for each referred buyer
Thank you!

Foos is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-11-2015, 08:47 PM   #2 (permalink)
Lifetime Member

Default Nice buy

Another "deal of a lifetime" this week here at ICN. Great time to be a buyer of gen1's. Our cars are your oyster.
Gerald
Old 01-12-2015, 07:23 AM   #3 (permalink)
Premium Member

Holy crap, what the hell? The add says it runs and drives, but needs TLC, I wonder if it would survive a drive back to Cali, you could make your money back and then some just off parts!

~The weirdest fur you will ever meet O.o rwar!
Balto is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-12-2015, 08:59 AM   #4 (permalink)

I talked to him on the phone for about 20 minutes to try to figure out if I wanted to make the 2 hour trip yesterday but had more questions and he didn't answer my texts until well after dark.

He's a small time dealer. He started off by translating the "TLC" wording in the ad to "It needs a tuneup (oil change, spark plugs, etc)." He said it's in rough cosmetic shape inside and out. It has deep scratches on the passenger side near the headlight and the passenger side light is cracked and needs replacing. He only had it 1-2 months and he drove it 3k miles and got another salvaged, first gen Insight to keep driving (drives up to 500 miles per day) and wants to sell this one (bc it will be easier to sell with a clean title). He bought it from a private party.

He said there are some issues with the transmission. It makes a noise in 1st and is rough when in 1st but it smooths out when going to higher gears. He said when going in reverse, it starts bucking when going faster. I asked if the bucking occurred going in 1st, 2nd, etc and he said no.

He was a little unclear when talking about the IMA battery. I don't know if it's because there's an issue there or not. He sounded familiar with how one should operate. He said the battery is fine unless it sits. He said he hasn't driven it in a few weeks. The IMA light hasn't lit and the check engine light hasn't lit.

He seemed to want to get off the phone with me and answered many of my questions with "I'm not a mechanic. Come see it for yourself." He was annoyed that so many people had called about it within a short period of time. Had he impressed me more, I would have made the trip that day. He seemed like he wanted to sell it sooner than later and kept insisting that's why it's priced so low.

Might be a good deal if someone wants to fix one up or drive it as a beater.

Last edited by agibby5; 01-13-2015 at 11:15 AM.
agibby5 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-13-2015, 09:52 PM   #5 (permalink)

i wish these kinds of deals would sprout up in this area.

I've been looking for a couple months for a fixer upper and see none.
firehawk618 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-13-2015, 09:55 PM   #6 (permalink)
Lifetime Member

Firehawk,
Where art thou?
Upper left go to user CP and put your city in your profile
Old 03-13-2015, 10:13 PM   #7 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by galevin View Post
Firehawk,
Where art thou?
Upper left go to user CP and put your city in your profile
Sorry about that, I fixed it.

I am prefectly OK with taking apart the manual transmission and fixing it, from what I gather it's an issue on these 1st gens.

Seattle area
firehawk618 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-19-2015, 11:36 PM   #8 (permalink)

I know that car, its his "friends" car, I sent a car hauler up there to go get it, the guys a total flake, I had a prius deal in the wings just in case and had to fall back on that about 25 miles east of him.

After my guy gets there he has a story of the title is in the luggage of a guy that just got on a plane for china...

So I got the 2005 Prius that belonged to a detective agency in Brick that was sold to a guy that let his son convince him the car was junk and put it on CL for 2500, carfax said due to service records it was worth 1200 over any appraisal, gave him 2000 hauled it home, balanced the battery replaced 6 cells which fixed all the service lights changed the oil sold it for 7500 three weeks later.
imacarbonfootprint is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Insight Central: Honda Insight Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
Location (Required)
Where you live
Insurance
Please select your insurance company (Optional)

Log-in