2006 Red CVT 72,000 Miles - Insight Central: Honda Insight Forum

Go Back   Insight Central: Honda Insight Forum > Insightful Deals > eBay Auctions: Honda Insight related

Insightcentral.net is the premier Honda Insight Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 04-09-2015, 04:22 PM   #1 (permalink)

Default 2006 Red CVT 72,000 Miles

As some of you know, I have been considering getting rid of my CVT Insight so that I can go back to a 5-speed. I currently have it listed on craigslist but I haven't put it on eBay yet. I've noticed that with eBay, you have to pay the fees even if the vehicle doesn't sell. I also live in Alaska, and may have shot myself in the foot by bringing the car up here. There isn't much demand for subcompact cars here. So hopefully someone out there is up for some adventure and would be willing to come up and drive it back home.

2006 Honda Insight Hybrid

2000 Insight
InsightInAlaska is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-12-2015, 10:45 AM   #2 (permalink)

Bump...for beautiful pictures, and beautiful low mileage car.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 2 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Insight T-Shirts 4Sale: PM Me.
Monte Carlo Blue 01 5spd w/CRZ seats
CDN Aquamarine Blue 01 DDSOLD to fellow Insighter friend
Silver 01 5spd #0160 Sold to fellow Insight owner
Citrus #1159 Sold to Insight Fan
Red '00 A/C project SOLD to fellow Insighter friend
Citrus #2083
Sold to a fellow Insight owner.
Red '01 A/C parts car.
freezin4 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-14-2015, 01:14 AM   #3 (permalink)

saw your ad in the portland CL. this town has them in droves. prices here are stronger than almost any other area except maybe southern california imo.
2000 MT Insight #3227 115k, 2004 HCH MT 195k

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 2 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

503 2382074
dnmun is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-14-2015, 08:17 AM   #4 (permalink)
Lifetime Member

I'd recommend you put the car on ebay. Their car fees (to me) are insignificant and you would get the exposure you need. You may get lucky and find somebody looking for one not far from you. But a $10,000 CVT could be a tough sale with gas near $2/gallon.

I'd also put it on cars.com and autotrader.com. Someone in your area may pay a premium for your car to save on travel time and/or transport fees as these cars are hard to find in some areas. Good luck.
Gerald

Last edited by galevin; 04-14-2015 at 08:23 AM.
galevin is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-14-2015, 12:18 PM   #5 (permalink)

the price structure has changed almost as much as the price of crude. where a 5spd would sell for $6k just 6 years back there is little market for them in the $3k range now it appears.

there are several here around $4500-6k that have been on CL for months and months.

same is true for the HCH in my observation.

my old girlfriend drove an '87 CRX there all winter for several years.

i have lived and driven in colorado for decades and if a road is plowed and snow is less then 7-8" then i think of the front wheel drive as more than adequate and am always more concerned about the 5,000 lb behemoths flying down the road in 4WD with no ability to stop.

503 2382074
Old 04-16-2015, 02:23 AM   #6 (permalink)

Yeah I see more SUVs in the ditch than compact cars for sure. When I lived in Canada with the Insight I got around just fine with winter tires as long as the road is plowed like you mentioned.

I'll definitely be putting it on eBay as well as the other two sites that Gerald mentioned. Haven't gotten so much as one phone call. I've also noticed that you can buy a substantially better vehicle for not much more money. I've seen used Chevy Volts as low as $12,000. But... there is still hope!
Old 04-16-2015, 04:29 AM   #7 (permalink)

a friend bot a 2012 mitsubishi iMiEV for $8k with only 12k miles. very nice car too. i prefer them to the Leaf car.

i gotta feeling you are like a tree hugger in a logging camp and now you gotta worry your buddies will think your corks are too shiny without mud all over them.

next winter in alaska is gonna be hot too so hang in there. it may only be another decade before you guys get portland weather up there year round.

503 2382074
Old 04-20-2015, 10:54 PM   #8 (permalink)

Looks like a twin to my 2006 with 59,000 miles. If you're in no hurry, hold out for close to your price.

Quote:
Originally Posted by InsightInAlaska View Post
Haven't gotten so much as one phone call.
And what's that about, "Phone calls only." You have it listed on the internet. People on the internet use email. If I was interested in the car I'd want to have all my questions written down to email to you so I don't forget anything. If you want people to call, place an ad in the paper.
atikovi is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-20-2015, 11:21 PM   #9 (permalink)

Wait a year for gas prices to climb again, maybe? Nice looking car, but that drive to the contiguous 48 is loooong.

RIP 2000 Insight, 40k miles @ 69.2 mpg
2000 Insight, AKA "The Basket Case" or "The Go Pod" @185k miles @ 63.5 mpg
-IMAC&C, OBDIIC&C, Scott's aero panel, grid charger, cheapo sound system
samwichse is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-21-2015, 02:29 AM   #10 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by atikovi View Post
And what's that about, "Phone calls only." You have it listed on the internet. People on the internet use email. If I was interested in the car I'd want to have all my questions written down to email to you so I don't forget anything. If you want people to call, place an ad in the paper.
If they are really, really interested, they will call. After establishing dialogue over the phone, I would be happy to send anything through email.

What did you pay for your '06? Or have you had it for a while?

2000 Insight
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Insight Central: Honda Insight Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in