2002 insight under 12k mi WOW - Insight Central: Honda Insight Forum

Go Back   Insight Central: Honda Insight Forum > Insightful Deals > eBay Auctions: Honda Insight related

Insightcentral.net is the premier Honda Insight Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 10-03-2015, 09:05 AM   #1 (permalink)
Lifetime Member

Default 2002 insight under 12k mi WOW

Honda Insight 3DR HB CVT W | eBay

I've got an MT with 24k mi but here is one that has less than half of that. At less than $5k I'm a possible buyer but sure to bring more than that at close of auction. It's a CVT and has sat a lot but sure would look nice with all the other dust collectors over here. Interesting car.
Gerald
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-03-2015, 09:36 AM   #2 (permalink)

I have also been watching this Ebay listing. It is listed at the dealers sight for $10,788 - but the Ebay listing says "no reserve". Good luck Gerald. With Ebay, you never know until the last second if you have the winning bid. Tom

2001 Red Insight M/T (Purchased 2015)
(6,901 original miles)(Sold to “Rudy” 2018 )

2014 Chevy Volt
Harborman is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-03-2015, 09:53 AM   #3 (permalink)
Lifetime Member

Harborman,
And you've got a 6k mi Insight? Bet you value yours at $10k+ on a bad day. My 24k MT I would value at least $8k even today as prices seem to be falling over the last couple years. And JIME has dog bite which has 2k mi that I believe he values
at $5k (I'd like to buy his car). Some folks here don't understand that if it were not for collectors these low mile beauties would seize to exist.
Gerald
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-03-2015, 10:17 AM   #4 (permalink)

Gerald: I hope you can acquire this 12,000 mile car. You will keep it pristine. I'll be storing mine away for the Winter. It's been running great. Let me know if you have the winning bid!! Good luck!!! Tom

2001 Red Insight M/T (Purchased 2015)
(6,901 original miles)(Sold to “Rudy” 2018 )

2014 Chevy Volt
Harborman is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-03-2015, 01:19 PM   #5 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by galevin View Post
Harborman,
And you've got a 6k mi Insight? Bet you value yours at $10k+ on a bad day. My 24k MT I would value at least $8k even today as prices seem to be falling over the last couple years. And JIME has dog bite which has 2k mi that I believe he values
at $5k (I'd like to buy his car). Some folks here don't understand that if it were not for collectors these low mile beauties would seize to exist.
Gerald

It is a beautiful car. Would love to bid on it myself, but wife has put on the clamps. After all, I can only store 2 cars inside. Yeah, Dogbite - now at 2800miles.
Old 10-03-2015, 04:45 PM   #6 (permalink)

I hope if I can ever get one at a reasonable price I can trip the odometer over or run it until the wheels fall off of it, whichever comes first. But yes I do keep the maintenance up on my vehicles.
PatJr is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-05-2015, 06:05 PM   #7 (permalink)
Lifetime Member

"This listing was ended by the seller because the item was sold."
I'm assuming someone got to the seller prior to the end and worked out a deal with the seller. That's what I just did with a 1946 dodge power wagon 6 wheeler that I bought with less than one day left on ebay. Just didn't wanted to deal with the snipers.

Or he changed his mind for whatever reason and removed it from ebay. Last bid was at $7650.
Gerald
Old 10-05-2015, 07:40 PM   #8 (permalink)
Lifetime Member

You may see it relisted and the seller said the previous buyer backed out.

Ive had that happen with a few tablets that start at 99 cents and dont make much progress. The seller ends the listing before time runs out and relists at a higher start price.

Cobb is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-05-2015, 08:09 PM   #9 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by galevin View Post
I'm assuming someone got to the seller prior to the end and worked out a deal with the seller. That's what I just did with a 1946 dodge power wagon 6 wheeler that I bought with less than one day left on ebay. Just didn't wanted to deal with the snipers.
I would have withdrawn it also, given the condition of the car. If it were a private owner, then he may have decided to simply wait for prices to recover some. Has to happen at some point for this quality car. Being a dealer, he probably tried to use the "no reserve" to stimulate interest, and couldn't get it.

What is "sniping?"
Old 10-05-2015, 08:18 PM   #10 (permalink)
Lifetime Member

Sniping is jumping in an auction in the last few seconds. I never reveal my highest bid early or in the middle of an auction. I don't want the competition to bid a few dollars more than my highest bid so I enter my highest bid with 3-5 seconds prior to the close of the auction. I subscribe to ezsniper.com ($69 or $99 per year can't remember) and I enter the auction id, my max bid and ezsniper snipes the auction with my high bid with just a few seconds left. If you are active on ebay, it's the only way to buy. Worth the subscription.
Gerald
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Insight Central: Honda Insight Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in