Ebay listing 2005 Insight just $5400 - Insight Central: Honda Insight Forum

Go Back   Insight Central: Honda Insight Forum > Insightful Deals > eBay Auctions: Honda Insight related

Insightcentral.net is the premier Honda Insight Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 11-04-2015, 11:39 AM   #1 (permalink)
Lifetime Member

Default Ebay listing 2005 Insight just $5400

I have my 2005 CVT on Ebay currently with 5 days left and a buy it now option. It is a nice car with a rebuilt IMA just done 2 weeks ago. I just drove it to the Phoenix meet up with Willie and Scott and friends. If anyone is interested in purchase let me know. I also have it on Craigslist

http://orangecounty.craigslist.org/cto/5284174678.html

This has been sold on Ebay. Now I have listed my 2004 Insight with only 102,000 miles. Here is the craigslist ad also

http://orangecounty.craigslist.org/cto/5284174678.html

Last edited by adspof; 11-10-2015 at 12:03 AM. Reason: Sold
adspof is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-05-2015, 11:22 AM   #2 (permalink)

I hope you get your asking price! But I think you may be optimistic given it's a CVT, even with the new battery. I bought my nearly-identical 2005 for $3000 just over a year ago when gas prices were double what they are now. If you get your price that will bode well for my car! Any reason you don't include a picture of the odometer and lifetime MPG?

I think this is the listing:
Honda Insight Base Hatchback 3 Door | eBay
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 2 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Fuelish is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-05-2015, 12:13 PM   #3 (permalink)
Lifetime Member

I guess it depends on where you live and if the car is from the east coast which of course would not be as valuable as one from the West Coast but gas prices were only $0.77 different this same time last year that was not during the spike when gas was up almost a $1.60 more than it is now. I showed a picture of my average miles on my last 700 mile plus trip that is much more accurate as to its current state. The lifetime mileage can be changed it is in your owner's manual so that is not important to me at all because someone could have changed that 10 minutes before buying an Insight. Also my car has no accidents original windshield all vin stickers are in place + rebuilt IMA. There's more to it than just "a price" on one of these cars.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-05-2015, 10:35 PM   #4 (permalink)

What do you mean Rebuilt IMA?
Is it a new IMA battery from Bumblebee or what?
Warranty?
Foos is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-05-2015, 10:48 PM   #5 (permalink)
Lifetime Member

I use a rebuilding service closer to me they tear the battery down determine which sticks are bad and also which sticks are weak and replace them. It is not a brand new battery but does come with a warranty. If it was a brand new battery I would of course be charging more for the car but just as one would rebuild a transmission or rebuild an engine the battery can also be rebuilt.

I do not know anyone that orders a brand new engine or brand new transmission in a crate from Japan for their Honda car do you? Rebuilding is by far the least expensive way to do it that coupled with a possible grid charger buy you many more years of useful service.
Old 11-05-2015, 11:19 PM   #6 (permalink)
Premium Member

I rode in this car for several hundred miles on that 700 mile trip he is talking about. Car ran good and just cruised along like any other insight.

~The weirdest fur you will ever meet O.o rwar!
Balto is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-08-2015, 09:03 AM   #7 (permalink)
Lifetime Member

Ebay listing at $3900 with 2 hours left.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Insight Central: Honda Insight Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
Location (Required)
Where you live
Insurance
Please select your insurance company (Optional)

Log-in