2002 Honda Insight-eBAY - Insight Central: Honda Insight Forum

Go Back   Insight Central: Honda Insight Forum > Insightful Deals > eBay Auctions: Honda Insight related

Insightcentral.net is the premier Honda Insight Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 09-12-2016, 10:37 AM   #1 (permalink)

Default 2002 Honda Insight-eBAY

I have a 2002 Honda Insight for sale. I was driving this 60+ miles one way everyday and then the CVT transmission went out. This is a Gen 1 vehicle and the IMA battery is STILL charging strong. This is an ultra rare Honda Hybrid. You will need to tow the vehicle until the transmission is replaced/fixed. I already have three vehicles and a motorcycle and do not really have time for this project. It is a fun car to drive and was really good on gas.

THIS VEHICLE DOES NEED TOWED and A CVT or rebuilt/rebuild/replacement transmission. Since I have not tore it apart I am not 100% sure of the cause of the lack of forward gears.

I have videos of it driving and running. Clean engine. Needs CVT replaced/repaired or rebuilt. I am not sure. Forward gears went out. reverse works but tries to engage the auto-engine stop.

Battery is good and charges great.
Assist works great
Engine is in good/great condition. Most last 300K if not longer. Honda engines are super reliable and built for longevity.

You could purchase this and pay for itself with the savings in gas.

Can hear it run now but does not have forward gears (CVT is out). You can buy a replacement close to Indianapolis (or wherever you find one). They sell on eBay, Craigslist and car-part.com Etc.

Honda Insight w Air Cond | eBay
Jleile02 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-12-2016, 03:05 PM   #2 (permalink)

Location please.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 2 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

608-729-4082

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 2 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Mobile service also available
ericbecky is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-12-2016, 03:16 PM   #3 (permalink)

Jeffersonville Indiana
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-17-2016, 09:03 PM   #4 (permalink)

Auction ends in about 18 hours.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Insight Central: Honda Insight Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in