Best fuel additive tester on youtube by far - Insight Central: Honda Insight Forum

Go Back   Insight Central: Honda Insight Forum > Hybrid and Alternative Fuel Forum > General News Discussion

Insightcentral.net is the premier Honda Insight Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 05-04-2017, 07:04 AM   #1 (permalink)

Default Best fuel additive tester on youtube by far

This guy knows how to test products. He tested many products to see if its snake oil or not

In each video he links is other videos. Check it out

https://youtu.be/DUkICPS0zQE
Sam12345 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-04-2017, 01:14 PM   #2 (permalink)

At least he explains most of the variences. Good site for info. YMMV

Willie
MaxIMA Battery (Serial #2), on 8/25/12 @ 301,000 miles
Another MaxIMA Battery, on 6/25/17 @ 399,252 miles
Use: 438,000 mi. @ 58.2 LMPG.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 2 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 2 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Willie Williford is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-04-2017, 02:57 PM   #3 (permalink)

Link to his videos
https://www.youtube.com/user/PaintballOO7
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-04-2017, 02:58 PM   #4 (permalink)

Let me try again

"https://www.youtube.com/user/PaintballOO7"
Old 05-04-2017, 08:26 PM   #5 (permalink)
Lifetime Member

While a major effort, it was all completely inconclusive and a monumental waste of time. He didn't add the numbers in his sheet correctly, and his failure to exclude the obvious outlier just affirms there's nothing scientific about it. Ambient conditions, terrain, route, driving style, etc. all have far greater influence than the 0.48mpg difference observed when the outlier is discarded. 0.48mpg is nothing more than noise in the data.

He should have run 50 simulated miles on the dyno at about 20hp with a hydrocarbon sniffer on the exhaust to measure actual fuel consumed... would have given conclusive results.

The dyno option wouldn't have generated the excitement and sense of "community"... likely would have gotten WAY fewer views... which is the typical goal of anybody posting on Youtube.

He basically just got 23+ people to drive with and without the additive and log their mileage for nearly 60K miles.

S Keith is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-04-2017, 08:43 PM   #6 (permalink)

No he tested is bette same day same route same gas pump. Watch his videos he tested that same additive on the horsepower claims on a dyno. Also send me a link to someone that test gas additives in a better way than he does. He also mentions the variables. He may not have the perfect lab conditions but personally i would trust his tests over the snake oil salesman. You seem to only criticize. Why dont you go on utube and do it better. You will make good if you have 2 million viewers like him.
Old 05-04-2017, 08:44 PM   #7 (permalink)

I meant to say good money
Old 05-04-2017, 08:48 PM   #8 (permalink)

because to some of us it isn't about making money, but to not waste other people's time for nothing? 99% of youtube technical videos are just that, i only go there for DIY tutorials on how to take something apart and put it back together, for a more prepared starting point. only other reason i go to youtube, is to watch people be idiots.

tell ya what, just save yourself the time and have the injectors sent in to be serviced instead of all this about additives, money better spent. most issues with power and mpg stem from dirty injectors, any additive in the tank will take many tanks with the additive and many thousands of miles to see results. having the injectors serviced will give immediate results, if they are imbalanced/dirty/semi clogged.

who wants to watch me debunk the other videos? yeah, i didn't think so. people seem to like anything that gives immediate positive results, even if it's all in your head. people don't like watching videos that have negative connotations, even if it may benefit them from not wasting their time. however i do believe in fuel treatments, but they're for lazy people and the results are less than spectacular and will wind up costing you more in the long run than doing the job right, for a ~20% result. an average 20% positive result compared to doing the job right, to me, constitutes being called snake oil because the marketing for those products advertises 100% or better, usually.

the real problem is, you need to ACTUALLY have a problem to start with to see real results, not just chuck cans of junk at your car because you THINK the injectors are plugged up. sending them to be cleaned, will actually get you a data sheet with actual figures you can physically see, not just educated guesses and mpg variances of real world conditions.

i also do not have a nice video camera, a nice voice, or a salesman's enthusiasm for selling you something regardless if you need it or not.

Last edited by Lyger; 05-04-2017 at 09:08 PM.
Lyger is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-04-2017, 10:01 PM   #9 (permalink)

Obviously you did not watch the videos.He mostly debunks that the cleaners work so he is basically proving your point.

Last edited by Sam12345; 05-04-2017 at 10:06 PM.
Old 05-04-2017, 10:02 PM   #10 (permalink)

By the way I have cars near 300 k miles and I have never had a clogged injector.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Insight Central: Honda Insight Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
Location (Required)
Where you live
Insurance
Please select your insurance company (Optional)

Log-in