fast charge pack - Insight Central: Honda Insight Forum

Go Back   Insight Central: Honda Insight Forum > Hybrid and Alternative Fuel Forum > General News Discussion

Insightcentral.net is the premier Honda Insight Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 05-12-2017, 02:08 PM   #1 (permalink)
vote 4 mawah

Default fast charge pack

Not sure what to make of this claim for a 5 minute full charge pac

https://www.yahoo.com/news/m/0a70d01...tup-has-a.html

we'll see - right
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-13-2017, 01:53 AM   #2 (permalink)

I think its this same company

https://youtu.be/pdEWw1LOO2I
Sam12345 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-13-2017, 08:32 AM   #3 (permalink)

If this becomes reality bye bye ice
Sam12345 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-15-2017, 02:03 PM   #4 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by WillS View Post
Not sure what to make of this claim for a 5 minute full charge pac

we'll see - right
fwiw: Roman Arkadyevich Abramovich [Рома́н Арка́дьевич Абрамо́вич], Russian billionaire businessman, investor, and politician is backing the venture, along with Samsung and a few private investors.
Millions have been invested in the company, but so far reports indicate: 0 customers, 0 partnerships, 4 financing rounds, 7 investors total, 0 products, 0 M&A items.
I'm no expert but from my idle reading, Nanotechnology ventures have much promise but trouble delivering products; many startup companies are touting breakthroughs in technology seeking diverse products. The connection with a phone mfgr is a bonus. As said remains to be seen.
AbCaRed00 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-19-2017, 08:09 PM   #5 (permalink)
vote 4 mawah

Default recharge it

I had a brain storm this morning, but it came and went in the blink of the eye.
I remember tesla saying something about dual chargers ( or is that what a supercharger is) back before they (tesla) came out with dual motors (are they (tesla) selling AWD/4WD yet?) .
Does anyone think it's possible to split a pack into multiple charging nodes while plugged in
and recombine the nodes back into one when the plug gets pulled?
Old 06-28-2017, 11:31 AM   #6 (permalink)
vote 4 mawah

Default missing post?

I got your message about Israel quality. I think it probably subject to the same human short falls as most of the rest of us struggle with.
Oh well
Yeah I agree Israel manufactures some fine products.
I'm particularly interested in the fast charging due to my purchase of a AA/AAA 4x battery 15 minute chager from rayovac. It's almost exactly the same as the newer Energizer 15 minute 4x AA/AAA charger which you can still get a walmart etc. My last minolta Z3 camera used 4 AA's and I wanted to be able to switch batteries if needed as quickly as possible. It turned out to also be fairly economical until the across the board price increases last time around went nutsO. After that the replacement batteries almost out priced themselves into oblivion, at least to me. But I sill have 8 original 15 minute AA and 4 original AAA ( that are had to get any usable charge into presently ) as well as 7 AA rayovac hybrid batteries that were sold as advertized to holding 80% of there charge for a year of more. Odd man out, when the 15 minute charger is used on batteries that are not 15 minute rated ( rayovac or Energizer ) the charger takes 24 hours to charge them.
Anyways, someday ( over the rainbow ) this world will see 100 MPG !!!!!
start the timers ladies and gentleman

Last edited by WillS; 06-28-2017 at 11:36 AM. Reason: various word and punctuation corrections
WillS is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Insight Central: Honda Insight Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
Location (Required)
Where you live
Insurance
Please select your insurance company (Optional)

Log-in