Honda Insight 1G - Insight Central: Honda Insight Forum

Go Back   Insight Central: Honda Insight Forum > Hybrid and Alternative Fuel Forum > General News Discussion

Insightcentral.net is the premier Honda Insight Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 02-04-2009, 01:53 PM   #1 (permalink)

Default Honda Insight 1G

I stumbled across this today. One of the contestants for the Automotive X Prize is a team who is converting the Insight to a diesel electric hybrid, using the diesel motor from a VW Lupo.

Red Light Racing

I wish them luck, but I think they will have their work cut out for them if they hope to beat the other contestants (of which I assume Aptera to be the odds on favorite to win).

-Bryan

joeaax1j is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-04-2009, 07:57 PM   #2 (permalink)
Lifetime Member

Aptera as a 3 wheeled vehicle would not be in the same class to compete against any of the 4 wheeled vehicles... at least that was my understanding of the X-Prize rules.
  • oo-MT-I1: MIMA(#024)+FAS+OBDIC&C+HighwaterDashResetButtons+A C CompressorBypass+LiFePO4PHEV~2.5kwhIMA 1p48s +Auxiliary12v~1.6kwh LiFePO4 8p4s+BCM-Fooler+BCM-Interceptor+EVDisplay Meter +420w Solar 120Roof/105Hatch/85Dash/110Hood +RearGazShocks+KLR3CYL Springs F&B+Manual DC-DC +1.3kwAC Charger +LED Headlights +PTC Heat IMA Battery
  • On-Going Projects: Improved EV-Mode+ More Insight Solar+TEG +v2-Li-IMA
IamIan is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-05-2009, 11:33 AM   #3 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by IamIan View Post
Aptera as a 3 wheeled vehicle would not be in the same class to compete against any of the 4 wheeled vehicles... at least that was my understanding of the X-Prize rules.
Hmm, that is a good question. According to this link, there are two categories -- mainstream and alternative (scroll down to the heading: Take Your Pick: Four Seats or Two). In that sections it says:

Quote:
The mainstream class demands space for four adults. . . . The alternative class requires only two seats
. And both cars are listed as being in the alternative class. Regardless, I wish them both luck, for different reasons of course. I think the Aptera is the future. But I still love all 1st generation Insights.

-Bryan

joeaax1j is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-24-2010, 07:06 AM   #4 (permalink)

Interesting post dude....discussion are always helpful in one way or the other. Thanks for giving out information. Itís really nice and mean full.
Old 04-07-2010, 08:44 AM   #5 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Albertha View Post
Interesting post dude....discussion are always helpful in one way or the other. Thanks for giving out information. Itís really nice and mean full.
Agreed. Really the forum is too informative. I joined here to collect useful information. My posting rate is low but I frequently visit this site to read interesting topics.
PeterRS is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Insight Central: Honda Insight Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in