2010 Prius Pricing Released - Insight Central: Honda Insight Forum
 
Go Back   Insight Central: Honda Insight Forum > Hybrid and Alternative Fuel Forum > General News Discussion

Insightcentral.net is the premier Honda Insight Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 04-21-2009, 07:38 PM   #1 (permalink)
Senior Member
 
bish79's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Northeast Indiana
Posts: 392
Default 2010 Prius Pricing Released

The Associated Press: No price hike on 2010 Prius; cheaper model to come

Don't know if everyone has seen this yet but the pricing on the 2010 Prius has been released.

Looks like alot of new Prius owners have Honda to thank for saving them $1000's of dollars. I'm sure that these prices would have been higher if it had not been for the Insight.

Let the questions begin....

What will Honda's response be?

Will the average Joe Prius owner really see the 50 MPG numbers?

Will Insight sales take a dive because of Prius's new price point?

How much will Toyota dealers tack onto the price and for how long?

Any others?
bish79 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Old 04-21-2009, 09:25 PM   #2 (permalink)
Senior Member
 
wstander's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Ramona, CA
Posts: 596
Default

What will the dealers do with all of those leftover 2009s? One dealer drove me away from a 2009, fully loaded pkg#6 MARKED DOWN from 29k to 26.6K over a $500 dispute over tradein on my 2005 Prius pkg#6.

I walked away, and later bought a 2010 Insight; not because the Insight is better for me, but because I wanted that dealer to not sell me anything...

So, the Prius will most likely deliver the 50mpg average; I always scored 48.5, without working hard...that is 2.5 better than EPA without killing the a/c or hypermiling..

While I beat myself up trying to attain 40mpg, without a/c, 'cuz Honda like to use the gas motor to power the a/c instead of electricity..

I suspect that the loaded price of $27,500 on the Prius III with have some dealers tacking on a few 'exploratory' DOLLARS, JUST LIKE A FEW INSIGHT DEALERS STILL DO!

BTW: That Prius owner will most likely not have to spend $1,000 extrs to get floor mats, fog lamps, cargo tonneau covers, and will get both navigation and RDS radio, a remote locking fuel door, a real center console and armrest, a 12v accessory in the console as well as in the dash, real cupholders.

Walt (not real happy with my local Honda parts guy who lied about getting the parts...)

Will we actually see the solar panels on the cars?

Last edited by wstander; 04-21-2009 at 09:28 PM.
wstander is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-21-2009, 10:19 PM   #3 (permalink)
Senior Member
 
bish79's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Northeast Indiana
Posts: 392
Default

That's a good point on the 2009 Prius's. What will they do? They MUST mark them way down to move them now.

It sounds like you aren't too happy with your Insight. Sorry to hear that. I have no problem with getting around 43 MPG in mine with alot of terrible city driving. The gen 2 prius's seem to be all over the map with mileage. Some people I know claim high 30's to low 40's and swear that they are doing their best to be easy on it. While others claim that they are getting 50 without even doing anything special. Who knows what will happen when the gen 3's hit the streets.

BTW, floormats and cargo covers are best purchased on EBay.
bish79 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Old 04-23-2009, 10:34 AM   #4 (permalink)
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Posts: 361
Arrow

Quote:
Originally Posted by wstander View Post
Will we actually see the solar panels on the cars?
More precisely, will anyone pay the $3,600 that Toyota is charging for the solar panel?
stevenvillatoro is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-23-2009, 04:08 PM   #5 (permalink)
Senior Member
 
wstander's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Ramona, CA
Posts: 596
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by stevenvillatoro View Post
More precisely, will anyone pay the $3,600 that Toyota is charging for the solar panel?

Yes, but perhaps not the same ones that paid $2k over MSRP for Insight IIs
wstander is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-23-2009, 04:10 PM   #6 (permalink)
Senior Member
 
wstander's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Ramona, CA
Posts: 596
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by bish79 View Post
That's a good point on the 2009 Prius's. What will they do? They MUST mark them way down to move them now.

It sounds like you aren't too happy with your Insight. Sorry to hear that. I have no problem with getting around 43 MPG in mine with alot of terrible city driving. The gen 2 prius's seem to be all over the map with mileage. Some people I know claim high 30's to low 40's and swear that they are doing their best to be easy on it. While others claim that they are getting 50 without even doing anything special. Who knows what will happen when the gen 3's hit the streets.

BTW, floormats and cargo covers are best purchased on EBay.
I actually bought mine from Bernardi Honda parts in MA
wstander is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-23-2009, 10:37 PM   #7 (permalink)
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Posts: 361
Arrow

Quote:
Originally Posted by wstander View Post
I actually bought mine from Bernardi Honda parts in MA
Also check Majestic Honda online I found them better-priced than other discount OE Honda parts suppliers for most items.
stevenvillatoro is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-02-2009, 09:24 PM   #8 (permalink)
ema
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Posts: 13
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by wstander View Post
I actually bought mine from Bernardi Honda parts in MA

My friends only purchase weathertech floor mats that is why I'm so convinced
that it's really a good brand. Although, at times you can really find good buys at e-bay.

Last edited by ema; 10-02-2009 at 09:26 PM.
ema is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-02-2009, 09:32 PM   #9 (permalink)
ema
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Posts: 13
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by bish79 View Post
The Associated Press: No price hike on 2010 Prius; cheaper model to come

Don't know if everyone has seen this yet but the pricing on the 2010 Prius has been released.

Looks like alot of new Prius owners have Honda to thank for saving them $1000's of dollars. I'm sure that these prices would have been higher if it had not been for the Insight.

Let the questions begin....

What will Honda's response be?

Will the average Joe Prius owner really see the 50 MPG numbers?

Will Insight sales take a dive because of Prius's new price point?

How much will Toyota dealers tack onto the price and for how long?

Any others?
oh, by the way, I've read an economist blog on this and on the market performance of both models. In the opinion of the blogger, the sales of the Prius can't still keep up with that of the Insight since the price that they'll have to pay for the latest model of Prius is already enough to buy a more advanced model of the Insight.
ema is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-03-2009, 09:21 AM   #10 (permalink)
Senior Member
 
wstander's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Ramona, CA
Posts: 596
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ema View Post
Prius can't still keep up with that of the Insight since the price that they'll have to pay for the latest model of Prius is already enough to buy a more advanced model of the Insight.

Really? And the latest sales data shows this?
__________________
2010 Insight EX/NAVI Clear Sky Blue Metallic
ex- 2005 Prius Millennium Silver Metallic
pkg#6
ex-2004 Civic Hybrid Opal Silver Blue Metallic 5spd manual
ex- 29 other vehicles
wstander is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Reply

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Insight Central: Honda Insight Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in


Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On


Powered by vBadvanced CMPS v3.2.3

All times are GMT -4. The time now is 11:23 PM.



Powered by vBulletin® Copyright ©2000 - 2019, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
User Alert System provided by Advanced User Tagging (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2019 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.
vBulletin Security provided by vBSecurity v2.2.2 (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2019 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.