Gen III Insight this year? What's on your dream list? - Insight Central: Honda Insight Forum

Go Back   Insight Central: Honda Insight Forum > Hybrid and Alternative Fuel Forum > General News Discussion

Insightcentral.net is the premier Honda Insight Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 02-14-2010, 06:04 PM   #1 (permalink)
Lifetime Member

Default Gen III Insight this year? What's on your dream list?

Given that the gen II model was intro'd last spring, and given that Honda's projected sales for the Insight are much lower than expected, what are the chances a 2011 model will be introduced this year? Will it be in spring, summer, fall, or at all?

I'm this close to buying one but wondered how lovely an updated version might be (esp. w/ bump in horsepower). If there is going to be a new model this year, what's your dream list of updated features?
Keen4Green is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-14-2010, 07:14 PM   #2 (permalink)

For all main models, Honda has a run of either 5 or 6 years between major model change, and 2 or 3 years for the minor model change (update on the current model). Now, last summer, Honda said for the I2, they would "rush" the minor model change, with a bit more content, as the sales were not as expected (looking forward for this "bit new content"...). Considering the run of the Gen1, 7 years, 2000 to 2006, I would expect the I2 to be on a close path. This "rush" in minor model change to be on the 3rd year, so fall 2011, for a 2012 model. I would be very surprized to see something in fall 2010 for a 2011 model (but I would be happily surprized if it does happen...)

What I will be looking for with interest is the battery update their new company/partnership with GS Yuasa will bring. They said their mass production would be ready in fall 2010, so one year ahead of what I think will be the I2 minor model change, just enough to plan a new battery and output for the I2. But new battery + increase motor output is not likely to be a minor model change... so my wish list items might not be realistic...
Purplegate is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-14-2010, 10:45 PM   #3 (permalink)

How about some good fuel economy and a Toyota-style series/parallel hybrid arrangement that I can convert to PHEV with 10 miles of electric range?

That's probably too much to ask. I bet we'll get a refreshed interior, tuned suspension, and not much else.
RobertSmalls is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-15-2010, 12:19 PM   #4 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by RobertSmalls View Post
. I bet we'll get a refreshed interior, tuned suspension, and not much else.
Plus those little Fascia and tail detail changes that Honda is so well known to do MMC's with...
jonniedee is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-15-2010, 12:55 PM   #5 (permalink)

Make Cruise Control standard on all models.
BrianZ54 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-12-2010, 03:03 AM   #6 (permalink)

I want to see in New Honda is the Capacity. The two-person car, and the recommended load, including all occupants and cargo, is would be more than 365 pound. If i drive aggressively then I would get great Milage not poor (i.e 45-50mpg)

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 2 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
|
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 2 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
PeterRS is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-12-2010, 06:29 AM   #7 (permalink)

i would like a higher capacity battery and a MIMA system so i could throw my car into recharge when i want.

oh and give me an arm rest and move the radio controlls closer to the driver.
captaingohan is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Insight Central: Honda Insight Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in