How can I maintain? - Insight Central: Honda Insight Forum

Go Back   Insight Central: Honda Insight Forum > Hybrid and Alternative Fuel Forum > General News Discussion

Insightcentral.net is the premier Honda Insight Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 02-26-2011, 07:45 AM   #1 (permalink)

Default How can I maintain?

I have purchased recently a Honda civic latest but please tell me that how can I have to maintain it for its good servicing and long lasting life. And also give tips to maintain for the time of travel?
BillfayBean is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-26-2011, 04:03 PM   #2 (permalink)
Lifetime Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by BillfayBean View Post
I have purchased recently a Honda civic latest but please tell me that how can I have to maintain it for its good servicing and long lasting life. And also give tips to maintain for the time of travel?
http://www.hondacivicforum.com/forum/
MIMA#136P,GC1#47

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 2 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Ad Astra per Aspera
satchel is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-01-2011, 12:28 PM   #3 (permalink)

Since i don't feel like driving the insight in the winter, I bought a HCH MT 2005 for my winter car (averaging 51mpg so far and getting better) I really wish there was a site exactly like this one for us. maybe there is, because that honda forum has exactly 11 posts about getting better mileage. Not the great source of knowledge that this site is.

any chance there could be alittle section for us on here? i'd rather not start being a member for multiple forums. Plus this site is easily searchable compared to others.

Tim
2000 Red MT "Wendy" #448 156k miles, Monster Truck Mode
2000 Silver MT #168 130k miles Grid charger harness, CARD switch, rad block, MIMA #174, BetterBattery 83.5Lmpg
Bests trips: One way 58.2 miles-110.4 mpg
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 2 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
round trip 116.8 miles-99.5mpg Tank: 94.4mpg

2001 Blue CVT - 203k miles 69.3Lmpg Best 56.6m-92.3 mpg Tank: 75.13mpg

timny1984 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-01-2011, 03:18 PM   #4 (permalink)
Lifetime Member

Please NO. There is enough confusion between Gen1 and Gen2 as it is. The website is INSIGHTcentral.net!

Tim have you visited cleanmpg.com? The site is dedicated to fuel economy and there is a dedicated Honda Civic Hybrid forum with 394 threads Honda Civic Hybrid - CleanMPG Forums .
MIMA#136P,GC1#47

Ad Astra per Aspera
satchel is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-01-2011, 04:16 PM   #5 (permalink)

Ok sorry, i guess i have seen that site before in the past. I just wish they would break up the civics like they did with the insight I/II and other vehicles that have different designs. I guess the civics are close enough in nature to put them together but since i have a MT with lean burn it's annoying to sort through those posts and find ones relating to me. most people seem to have the HCH II (yea i know about the search, but it's annoying to narrow it down to only the threads you want.)

I guess i'm just lazy and spoiled by this site with everything separated so nicely. looks like i better learn to speed read since 45 min lunch break doesn't leave all that much time for reading insightcentral and now catching up on those forums.

Thanks,

Tim
2000 Red MT "Wendy" #448 156k miles, Monster Truck Mode
2000 Silver MT #168 130k miles Grid charger harness, CARD switch, rad block, MIMA #174, BetterBattery 83.5Lmpg
Bests trips: One way 58.2 miles-110.4 mpg
round trip 116.8 miles-99.5mpg Tank: 94.4mpg

2001 Blue CVT - 203k miles 69.3Lmpg Best 56.6m-92.3 mpg Tank: 75.13mpg

timny1984 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-02-2011, 04:06 AM   #6 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by timny1984 View Post
...since 45 min lunch break
-spam mode on-

WHAT???? You lucky, you!
We don't get a single 1 min break throughout the year!!! Straight 8hrs of work all through the week!

-spam mode off-
Ehetleos is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-02-2011, 01:17 PM   #7 (permalink)
Lifetime Member

Basically do what the owners manual says, but early. Check your fluids and charger earlier if the vehicle is used heavily or abused. Use name brand products vs cheap stuff.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BillfayBean View Post

Cobb is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-05-2012, 11:09 AM   #8 (permalink)

Send a message via AIM to JacksonHeliyam Send a message via MSN to JacksonHeliyam Send a message via Yahoo to JacksonHeliyam Send a message via Skype™ to JacksonHeliyam

however you use it, don't worry its best of all....
JacksonHeliyam is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Insight Central: Honda Insight Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in