Gas prices are highest ever for this time of year. $4.25 expected by April. - Insight Central: Honda Insight Forum

Go Back   Insight Central: Honda Insight Forum > Hybrid and Alternative Fuel Forum > General News Discussion

Insightcentral.net is the premier Honda Insight Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 02-18-2012, 02:57 PM   #1 (permalink)

Default Gas prices are highest ever for this time of year. $4.25 expected by April.

At $3.53 a gallon, prices are already up 25 cents since Jan. 1. And experts say they could reach a record $4.25 a gallon by late April.

Gas prices are highest ever for this time of year - Yahoo! Finance
2010 EX with Zenex 35W HID Ballasts with Retrofit Source 4,300K Bulbs; with relay harness. Honda Splash Guards. Honda Vent Visors. Honda Rear Bumper Applique. Honda All Weather Floor Mats and Cargo Tray. Honda Leather Steering Wheel Cover. Yokohama Avid Touring S 195 60 15 Tires. Insulated doors for road noise with Quick Roof. kjanracings window rattle fix. Honda Accord Low Horn Upgrade.
firsthonda is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-18-2012, 04:41 PM   #2 (permalink)
Administrator

Send a message via MSN to retepsnikrep

It's $7.90 per US gallon over here. Coming to your area soon

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 2 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 2 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

ObdIIc&c, Imac&c, ImaBoost, Current Hacks available. Enqs to 150mpg[at]gmail.com
retepsnikrep is online now   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-18-2012, 08:02 PM   #3 (permalink)
Lifetime Member

Up, Up, UP and away!!!!! Interesting the price is still sensitive to the so called fear factor as well as supply and demand since we have actually started selling surplus oil we dig up, but do not use on the open market. YOu would think the price would drop and be low like how it is in Iraq or some of the Arab countries like 11 cents or so. Wonder if we could start to limit our exports to demand a higher price to pay for our stuff over here?

Sent from my Autoguide iPod touch app

Cobb is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-18-2012, 10:49 PM   #4 (permalink)

At $4.25 a gallon, filling up our Insights will still cost less than 40 bucks per tank.
2010 EX with Zenex 35W HID Ballasts with Retrofit Source 4,300K Bulbs; with relay harness. Honda Splash Guards. Honda Vent Visors. Honda Rear Bumper Applique. Honda All Weather Floor Mats and Cargo Tray. Honda Leather Steering Wheel Cover. Yokohama Avid Touring S 195 60 15 Tires. Insulated doors for road noise with Quick Roof. kjanracings window rattle fix. Honda Accord Low Horn Upgrade.
Old 02-18-2012, 11:46 PM   #5 (permalink)

And of course I'm taking a road trip in March/April putting about 10,000 miles on my car! Hmmmm, so if I get 70 MPG (conservative for Hwy miles) and go 10,000 miles at $3.53 a gallon it will cost me $502 dollars. I can live with that!
gilbertguy is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-19-2012, 11:56 AM   #6 (permalink)

It will cost you around $607 with 70 MPG at $4.25 a gallon.
Old 06-17-2012, 12:20 AM   #7 (permalink)

Have you seen it go down now? It's a bit better than the first quarter of the year. I hope it will continue to go down to it's normal or probably cheaper than normal. ( How I wish... )
keirawinsor is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-17-2012, 02:38 AM   #8 (permalink)

Supply and demand capitalism does not run our economy. Our economy is centrally planned the exact opposite of true capitalism. 1/2 of every transaction (the money 1/2) is manipulated and the cost of gas can be as much about having difficulty selling our debt (treasury bonds) as it is the cost of crude or the lack of demand.

That is why I bought the Insight. Cannot trust the central planners.
Red 2000 MT #1498 MIMA 137P; Matiz Springs, OBDIIC&C
Red 2000 MT #2560 Matiz Springs, OBDIIC&C
Genesis One Overnight Grid Charger
kennysmith is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-17-2012, 10:48 AM   #9 (permalink)
Lifetime Member

I was shocked to see on the nighty news that CA residents are paying almost 5 bucks a gallon where its 3.20 or so in my area.

No one said supply and demand is fair. Basically they keep raising the price til demand tapers off. Problem is in many cases when price rises people do 1 of 2 thing. THey panic thinking it will go even higher and buy more than they need. They will see value and buy it over a bargain brand. Who would buy a cheap Mercedes?

Sent from my Autoguide iPod touch app

Cobb is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-17-2012, 11:11 AM   #10 (permalink)

My point was there is much more to it than supply & demand (perceived or real). Many coins have serrated edges so you could tell when some of the precious metal was shaved off. Coins today have no precious metal and paper never has, of course. The central planners have shaved off about 96% of the value of the dollar since the federal reserve (which is not federal and has no reserves) was established 100 years ago. In silver and gold, gas prices have not changed so much. An ounce of gold will still buy today pretty much what it would buy 2000 years ago in ancient Rome.

Yeah? so what, you say? Well I just encourage people to realize you cannot have a supply & demand capitalist system when 1/2 of every transaction is manipulated by a central planner. Supply & demand still has an effect, but sometimes, as in the recent run-up of gas prices that make no sense, there are more important factors at play in our manipulated economy.
Red 2000 MT #1498 MIMA 137P; Matiz Springs, OBDIIC&C
Red 2000 MT #2560 Matiz Springs, OBDIIC&C
Genesis One Overnight Grid Charger
kennysmith is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Insight Central: Honda Insight Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
Location (Required)
Where you live
Insurance
Please select your insurance company (Optional)

Log-in