A123 20AH Pouches - $25 each including all fees and shipping - Insight Central: Honda Insight Forum

Go Back   Insight Central: Honda Insight Forum > Hybrid and Alternative Fuel Forum > General News Discussion

Insightcentral.net is the premier Honda Insight Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 03-25-2012, 05:51 PM   #1 (permalink)

Default A123 20AH Pouches - $25 each including all fees and shipping

Hi,

A123 20Ah Quebec Group buy(Canada) cells ARRIVED 24.57$/cell
Quote:
A123 20Ah Quebec Group buy(Canada) cells ARRIVED 24.57$/cell

Our group buy for the Quebec province in Canada finally succeeded.

We just received our 175 pounds of A123 made in USA cells from ShenZhen Victpower Technology Co.,Ltd

We ordered from Victpower because it was one of the two supplier that Jack Rikard has bought from and was guinea pig and also have tested the cells with positive convincing results. The second supplier was OSN Power

Price come to around 25$ each cells with customs and shipping included.

I will test them, and will post the results.

Quote:
Re: A123 20Ah Quebec Group buy(Canada) cells ARRIVED 24.57$/

UPDATE.. as promised:

I went to J-L house to test al the 180 cells with him.

I have to say that i'm impressed by the packing they had. All cells individually wraped with bullble and than placed in the white plastic holder and than fitted in a cardboed box with 7 layer of 2 cells per white plastic layer.

-100% of cells had no real damage over all 180 cells. only some cells had some little trace of not punctured traces.. just embossed a little but not enough to consider

-all cells are MADE IN USD printed on them and also have a sticker on the negative tab. That sticker can be removed easy and the residual gum can be removed with aceton

-All tab are 28mm long

- I was only able to test the first 25 cells due to my poor RI tester that blown for unknow reason The average AC impedense was 1.6 miliohm on the first 25 cells.

- The average voltage of cells was 3.293.. well 90% of the cells was 3.293 ( all measured at 16.1 degree C in the garage after cels sit for at least 72h)
( like 6% of the cells was at 3.294 or 3.292 and 4% was at 3.304V )

- Cells are all i good flat shape... no real bend like had already had reported

our friend Jack Rikard reported having measured 18-19Ah at high current... so i need to figure that myself on our received batch!

Quote:
You're totally right about group buys for these A123 pouches, not really necessary. I just got a quote for $18.30 per pouch for 48 of them plus $240 shipping. That comes to $23.30 per pouch. Of course any duty fees is not factored in that price. But I bet they wouldn't end up being much more than $25 each. Ordering 500 pouches only brings the price down by $0.90 a pouch to $17.40.
Quote:
Quote:
What do you mean by "finally succeeded"?

How long did it take? Any problems or delays?
I meant that due to the big doubt many had about buying these cells, i can say that the short delay to get them, the price we got them and the results from now, i can conclude that it's a succes.

delay was short.. around one week to get them to our door after payment.

Mitch

2000 MT - 53k miles - Purchased 09-2011
Dead Pack (P1449)
Scott's springs. IMO if you have a G1 with OEM springs you should jump on the opportunity to buy a set of these springs:

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 2 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Four P175/65R-14 Yokohama AVID TOURING-S tires $264.00

Last edited by MitchJi; 03-26-2012 at 02:12 PM.
MitchJi is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-25-2012, 05:54 PM   #2 (permalink)

Hi,

Picture and explanation of "stickers" referred to earlier.

Quote:
I also think it [duty] might depend on the Ah for the price range of duty and broker fee

Our cells have an added sticker showing 3.7V 900mAh on both cells of the top of each box...

I think this help for the duty and broker fee

Mitch

2000 MT - 53k miles - Purchased 09-2011
Dead Pack (P1449)
Scott's springs. IMO if you have a G1 with OEM springs you should jump on the opportunity to buy a set of these springs:

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 2 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Four P175/65R-14 Yokohama AVID TOURING-S tires $264.00

Last edited by MitchJi; 03-26-2012 at 03:33 AM.
MitchJi is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-25-2012, 05:22 PM   #3 (permalink)

Mitch do you know anything about the complete packs that Victpower is now selling?
http://victpower.en.alibaba.com/prod...ule_7s3p_.html

Peter Perkins noted it in a different InsightCentral thread.

608-729-4082

Mobile service also available
ericbecky is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-03-2012, 10:25 PM   #4 (permalink)

Default A123 20ah

Quote:
Originally Posted by MitchJi View Post
Now SHENZHEN VICTPOWER TECHNOLOGY CO., LTD. sell A123 20AH ,US$17.4~19.2 per one.
I bought from Cherry, 160pcs, US$18.7 PER ONE.
Test good.
Ziyingyang is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-04-2012, 09:14 AM   #5 (permalink)

Are they cells with full tabs?

608-729-4082

Old 05-05-2012, 01:39 AM   #6 (permalink)
Lifetime Member

You can see the tabs 3 messages above yours. Is that full size?
#1 - 2000 Silver #4965, not working now, 175k Miles, 61 LMPG - will probably turn into all Electric
#2 - 2000 Silver #4095, 234k Miles, 55 LMPG, OBDIIC&C by Peter, GCIM1 by Mike, New MaxIMA by Eli, Daewoo Matiz rear Springs by Matt

Tucson AZ
Rush is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-05-2012, 06:30 AM   #7 (permalink)

Yes. Those look like full tabs.

608-729-4082

Old 05-07-2012, 12:29 AM   #8 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ericbecky View Post
Are they cells with full tabs?
Yes, Full tabs
Ziyingyang is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-08-2012, 09:52 AM   #9 (permalink)

Like many others, I'm thinking of going this route at some point.

Can someone elaborate on just how this Chinese company comes by these American made A123 cells? Sounds like they are "recovered" from some original use. So they have a history.

Secondly, can someone furnish a link to some write-up where initial receiving QC is discussed? What is the process? I don't think one would want to go to all the trouble of building up a pack, just to discover there was one or two bad pouches.
Old 05-08-2012, 10:28 AM   #10 (permalink)

Here is a link to the Youtube video where some cells were tested by DoctorBass of Endless-sphere.

608-729-4082

Last edited by ericbecky; 05-08-2012 at 10:34 AM. Reason: Changed link to the discharge video. It's more informative.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Insight Central: Honda Insight Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in