Civic coupe - UK - Insight Central: Honda Insight Forum

Go Back   Insight Central: Honda Insight Forum > Hybrid and Alternative Fuel Forum > General News Discussion

Insightcentral.net is the premier Honda Insight Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-21-2014, 04:05 PM   #1 (permalink)

Default Civic coupe - UK

Hi
As a massive fan of Honda's generally and living in the Uk, I look in envy at the U.S. made civic coupe only available in the states!
Since it was banished from these shores back in 2003 I still miss having a quirky sporty looking civic. I had two, a 95 model mark 1 and two 99 models.... Really miss all of them , especially the first!

Yes, we have the civic type r and crz etc but not quite the same.

Anyone else in uk feel similar or anyone in states have a view?

Now have an insight (obviously) but would swap it immediatly if honda uk brought them over.

....cheers
2013 Milano Red HS is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-09-2014, 09:24 AM   #2 (permalink)

On balance think I prefer our Civics. I'd prefer that they made both body styles available in both markets, but on balance I'd pick a hatchback or tourer if I had to choose.
Old 09-13-2014, 04:33 PM   #3 (permalink)

I had an '87 Accord EX 2.0, '99 Civic 1.4 3 door hatch, '99 Prelude 2.2 VTI and '01 Accord 2.3 Type-V....

Out of all of them the best one was the Prelude, because it was Japanese built, and had a 200 bhp H22A8 motor that went like stink. I think the UK civic coupe's were Jap built too, which is far better than the US built line up (looks excluded)... have a look at the last Accord coupe and the Civic IMA, they are not the same as the Honda's built in Japan... that's my view.

It was also a shame that Honda stopped making the DOHC VTEC engines, and in lieu of that, the best alternative nowadays is probably something line an Insight.

Honda's 90's coupe's were brilliant cars, long lasting and reliable and looked good.

On balance, I prefer the UK Civic to the US one... but saying that a US civic coupe would be nice to see on UK roads... the Civic has got too sensible... hopefully the forthcoming Type-R will be good, but Honda = VTEC and high revs in my view, and that is a different animal.
2009 Hornet CBF600F-A
2008 SH300 ABS
phb10186 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Insight Central: Honda Insight Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
Location (Required)
Where you live
Insurance
Please select your insurance company (Optional)

Log-in