Imgur test - Insight Central: Honda Insight Forum

Go Back   Insight Central: Honda Insight Forum > Testing Zone > Hard hat area

Insightcentral.net is the premier Honda Insight Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 11-15-2017, 09:22 PM   #1 (permalink)

Default Imgur test

This is a test of pic picture:

https://jimep.imgur.com/all/

Last edited by jime; 11-15-2017 at 09:29 PM.
jime is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-15-2017, 09:36 PM   #2 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by jime View Post
This is a test of pic picture:

https://jimep.imgur.com/all/
works great

third party hosting no issues.

fwiw: I'm happy with Imgur with the codes spreadsheet images.
With the spreadsheet images, getting the approximate image size correct helped with output display.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 2 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 2 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

\_(ツ)_/
\ /
/\
[/SIZE]
AbCaRed00 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-16-2017, 12:04 AM   #3 (permalink)

I guess I have learning to do with Imgur. For example, why didn't my image appear in my test post?
Advertisement

Old 11-16-2017, 03:48 AM   #4 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by jime View Post
I guess I have learning to do with Imgur. For example, why didn't my image appear in my test post?
Basically because you coded an URL link to the page, not an IMG link top the picture file.

[URL]https://jimep.imgur.com/all/[/URL] shows like https://jimep.imgur.com/all/

and [IMG]https://i.imgur.com/19ZOkRGb.jpg[/IMG] shows like

Google bbcode for an explanation about these codes.
And if you see a post containing whatever you'd like to do yourself, hit the Quote button as the reply message will then contain the BBCode from that post.

Two quick hits:
Imgur shows 6 or so example links at the side of each photo. One of them contains a complete BBCode link for that picture. You can just copy that and paste it in a post as is.

If you have a picture somewhere on the web and want to share that, then right-click on it and choose Copy image address, then Edit or Quote a post, put the cursor where you want to insert it, click on the picture icon in the top (the mountains with yellow sky and black sun) and paste it in the URL image address field shown in the popup.

(actually I expect you already knew most of this, but expanded for general info)

Last edited by RedDevil; 11-16-2017 at 04:10 AM.
RedDevil is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-16-2017, 09:59 AM   #5 (permalink)

Woops ...Checking on closer inspection of your imgur post of the instrument cluster, the displayed image here is presenting with the edges cropped from your original pic.
I'm not too sure but maybe the pic was automatically reformatted from 600x400 to a square size loosing the edges.

Below is shown the same posted original image in your url on imgur; seen reformatted by cropping and for demo with the colors/sharpness/brightness etc slightly altered with changes superimposed by a few of imgur's 'advanced editing' tools online.

What you may have to do is resize the image to configure to screen output desired [160 x 160?], then copy the direct link [second url selection in list / copy image address^^] and paste. I hope that helps.

\_(ツ)_/
\ /
/\
[/SIZE]

Last edited by AbCaRed00; 11-16-2017 at 10:03 AM.
AbCaRed00 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-16-2017, 11:08 AM   #6 (permalink)

Default Learning Curve

Sounds like a steep learning curve. I'll just continue to use my tried and proven method of attaching photos in the IC posts directly. That results in thumbnails, but at least it is easy and I don't have to learn something new in a time of personal stress

But, thanks for the help folks!
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Insight Central: Honda Insight Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
Location (Required)
Where you live
Insurance
Please select your insurance company (Optional)

Log-in