Image resize test - Insight Central: Honda Insight Forum

Go Back   Insight Central: Honda Insight Forum > Testing Zone > Hard hat area

Insightcentral.net is the premier Honda Insight Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 09-16-2015, 04:47 PM   #1 (permalink)
Lifetime Member

Default Image resize test

Any changes to the settings may require a browser reset and/or cache refresh.

Under the user control panel, in the "Thread Display Options" section, the following settings result in oversize images being scaled to fit the browser width:

The following image is oversize to test the above:

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 2 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 2 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

S Keith is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-16-2015, 05:27 PM   #2 (permalink)

Thank you Steve for posting this test at my request. The recommended settings, along with a browser history deletion, and a browser restart, do not result in a readable picture or graphic. The graph contained in the post is about twice as wide as the default page. I suspect some sort of operating system or browser incompatibility.

I think it is best for the time being that members resize their pictures and graphs to 1024 pix so that the default settings function and pages are properly displayed. Not all users are fully computer proficient and we should not make "out of ordinary" demands.

I realize this is a complicated question and may require action by the site admin. For the present, please confine picture/graphic width to 1024pix.

Thanks again for your help and patience through the long exchange of PMs.

jim

Last edited by jime; 09-16-2015 at 05:50 PM. Reason: grammar
jime is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-16-2015, 05:38 PM   #3 (permalink)
Lifetime Member

No worries Jim. I'm happy to help.

I'll continue to limit image widths to 1024 pix.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-16-2015, 11:07 PM   #4 (permalink)

Jime, are you running an ad blocked out a JavaScript blocker?

If you're blocking verticalscape that can cause a failure to automatically resize.

I also notice Firefox is better than chrome at fitting things in the window.

RIP 2000 Insight, 40k miles @ 69.2 mpg
2000 Insight, AKA "The Basket Case" or "The Go Pod" @185k miles @ 63.5 mpg
-IMAC&C, OBDIIC&C, Scott's aero panel, grid charger, cheapo sound system

Last edited by samwichse; 09-16-2015 at 11:10 PM.
samwichse is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-16-2015, 11:17 PM   #5 (permalink)
Lifetime Member

Chrome/IE on win 7 and Chrome/Firefox on OS X 10.8.5 all work identically to one another for me.

Old 09-16-2015, 11:48 PM   #6 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by samwichse View Post
Jime, are you running an ad blocked out a JavaScript blocker?

If you're blocking verticalscape that can cause a failure to automatically resize.

I also notice Firefox is better than chrome at fitting things in the window.
Yes, I am running an ad blocker. Perhaps that is the entire problem. Can you give me a ref or link to "verticalscape" so that I put in an exception an check this out?
Old 09-17-2015, 08:54 PM   #7 (permalink)

In order to get an accurate and full understanding of the problem, for some, I took this to the site admin team through the moderators link. This is the response of the vBulletin tech support team,

"So, the site has a resizer plugin on it that max's the width of all pictures to 600 pixels. Giving you the option to click the image to see full size. The issue is if you use adblock or other noscript add-ons it will block the plugin causing you to see basically all or nothing depending on the source. Does that make sense?

Kyle "

This was my response to Kyle,

"Yes, that is a perfectly clear explanation. Adblocking add-ons are the source of the display width problem which is reported by some. This is an easy fix for those who use adblocker, like me, since there are controls to disable it entirely or for specific sites.

Thank you very much for your help. In the future I will refrain from enforcing or attempting to enforce picture/graphic width.

Thank you very much for your timely response."

So the quick bottom line is that the overwide pages that I sometimes see, and that some others see, is most likely caused by my adblocking s/w. As stated above, the problem is easily fixed on an individual basis. Thanks to S. Keith and to samwichse who provided testing and clues
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Insight Central: Honda Insight Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
Location (Required)
Where you live
Insurance
Please select your insurance company (Optional)

Log-in