another one bites the dust - Insight Central: Honda Insight Forum

Go Back   Insight Central: Honda Insight Forum > 1st Generation Honda Insight Forum > Honda Insight Forum 1st-Gen Discussion

Insightcentral.net is the premier Honda Insight Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 02-17-2019, 09:30 PM   #1 (permalink)
Lifetime Member

Default another one bites the dust

I bought this one new, 2003. first new car I've ever bought, thought I'd have it forever.
I loaned it to a buddy of mine recently, and he was involved in an accident tonight. Minus the broken leg, he walked away from it.

I'll probably keep the car, the motor and transmission work great. maybe I''ll rebuild it one day. It's two states away from me, so I have some things to figure out.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 2003insight_skeptic.jpg (132.7 KB, 69 views)
Advertisement

Old 02-17-2019, 10:05 PM   #2 (permalink)

Thatís really a bummer. Hope your buddy heals well.

From the photo it appears the mechanicals could have taken a hard shot, some of the mounting areas could be broken off.

Scott
Red 2002,MT 196,000mi, RE92's, new rear springs, GAZ shocks
Citrus 2000,MT 182,000mi, MIMA, RE92's, S2000 leather steering wheel, Japanese seat covers.
Simple grid charger SC03
New rear coil springs available, PM me.
One piece aluminum underbody panels.
PayPal:
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 2 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
KLR3CYL is online now   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-17-2019, 11:22 PM   #3 (permalink)

Send a message via Skype™ to DaBossk

Dang that sucks you should try to somehow get it back on the road again... Obviously it looks very totaled but you know... anything is possible. And if you do a lot of the work yourself it can't be that much money to repair

I know It's just an inanimate object but I'm sure a lot of car obsessed people here understand that feel of losing a car
DaBossk is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-18-2019, 06:59 AM   #4 (permalink)

That's a shame. Don't want to pry but was there another vehicle involved?
Old 02-18-2019, 09:03 AM   #5 (permalink)
Administrator

Send a message via MSN to retepsnikrep

bummer. Looks a mess.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 2 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

ObdIIc&c, Imac&c, ImaBoost, Current Hacks available. Enqs to 150mpg[at]gmail.com
retepsnikrep is online now   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-18-2019, 11:11 AM   #6 (permalink)

Contact me for front end radiator support,,that's your main damage,
Honda hybrid442 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-18-2019, 11:16 AM   #7 (permalink)
Lifetime Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by SSSSSS View Post
That's a shame. Don't want to pry but was there another vehicle involved?
Details are light, but my friend said the other driver was at fault and pulled out in front of him. The incident report hasn't been processed yet, so I don't have a complete picture of what happened. The accident took place in Indianapolis.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Honda hybrid442 View Post
Contact me for front end radiator support,,that's your main damage,
Thanks, I'll start figuring out what I'm going to do once I get the car back in my possession. I have no idea where it's been towed to, and it's loaded with some nice car audio equipment that I really hope doesn't disappear.

Quote:
Originally Posted by retepsnikrep View Post
bummer. Looks a mess.
Yup, and I'm nearly complete with my 2nd Lithium LTO pack which was destined for this car. It might end up on the for sale page here instead
Old 02-18-2019, 05:11 PM   #8 (permalink)
Lifetime Member

Sorry to hear about your car. Thankful that your friend made it out without life threatening injuries...

2001 M/T 194K Silver, second daughter's car
2000 M/T 149K Red, wife's car
2010 EX 145K Metallic Gray, first daughter's car
tervic is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-18-2019, 10:53 PM   #9 (permalink)
Linsight Designer

Sorry for your loss, Atheos. My buddy in Johnson City, TN is looking to sell his 112k MT silver with a "brand new" Honda IMA battery (still under warranty). If you're interested, he's looking to "keep it in the insight family"... the price is really low, because he just wants it gone. I did the 105k service on it and it's in really good shape. PM me if you're interested and I'll put y'all in touch. Note: I would buy this car if my wife would let me .
Old 02-20-2019, 09:33 PM   #10 (permalink)

Default dust to dust

Sad news, sorry ... there is a heart to this car, perhaps you can resuscitate it ...
1/4 scale is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Insight Central: Honda Insight Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
Location (Required)
Where you live
Insurance
Please select your insurance company (Optional)

Log-in