Frint brake kit? - Insight Central: Honda Insight Forum

Go Back   Insight Central: Honda Insight Forum > 1st Generation Honda Insight Forum > Honda Insight Forum 1st-Gen Discussion

Insightcentral.net is the premier Honda Insight Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 02-28-2019, 08:38 PM   #1 (permalink)

Default Frint brake kit?

Any suggestions on a good, reasonably priced front brake kit? I need pads and rotors on a 386K mi. 2001 MT.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-28-2019, 08:51 PM   #2 (permalink)
Lifetime Member

just walk into your nearest autozone or orileys. It's worth just having some place to return parts if they don't fit.
Old 02-28-2019, 10:24 PM   #3 (permalink)

Send a message via Skype™ to DaBossk

I find that the cheap to medium-tier brake parts locally are pretty bad quality...
and when you start looking at the premium stuff locally it's pretty over priced.

I would recommend you get some nice pads and rotors online.

I snagged some "stage 1 street" EBC performance rotors & pads online for $90.21 shipped.

The rotors aren't drilled or slotted, just some nice coated rotors to prevent the rust from destroying them.

Keep in mind the manual and automatic insights have different brake parts so make sure buy accordingly.
DaBossk is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-01-2019, 12:39 AM   #4 (permalink)

Default brakes

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sasha View Post
Any suggestions on a good, reasonably priced front brake kit? I need pads and rotors on a 386K mi. 2001 MT.
I recently tossed on a cheap set from local parts store. Rotors were 23 bucks each and I think 24 for the pad set. Seems like most local stores don't stock rotors around me but I found 1 place that does.
bvad8486 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-01-2019, 01:21 AM   #5 (permalink)

Garage

Im going to be installing a kit from amazon this week. It comes with the front brakes and front rotors for 57 bucks. Can't link it cause im new but its called Autospecialty (KOE4795) 1-Click OE Replacement Brake Kit
Jrobling is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-01-2019, 10:56 PM   #6 (permalink)

Thanks all!
Old 03-02-2019, 09:42 AM   #7 (permalink)

https://www.rockauto.com/en/catalog/...hub,rotor,1896

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 2 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
. Warm White or Cool White available!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 2 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

2000 Insight,
tryingbe is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-02-2019, 06:02 PM   #8 (permalink)

I know my cheap brakes from Advance Auto needed to have the tabs ground slightly in order to slide properly. They're still probably not the greatest in the world. I will probably look into the ebc option when I'm in need of brakes again. I didn't do discs so I'll probably do the whole front this spring.
hondarider90 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-02-2019, 06:06 PM   #9 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaBossk View Post
I find that the cheap to medium-tier brake parts locally are pretty bad quality...
and when you start looking at the premium stuff locally it's pretty over priced.

I would recommend you get some nice pads and rotors online.

I snagged some "stage 1 street" EBC performance rotors & pads online for $90.21 shipped.

The rotors aren't drilled or slotted, just some nice coated rotors to prevent the rust from destroying them.

Keep in mind the manual and automatic insights have different brake parts so make sure buy accordingly.
Where did you manage to find them? I can't find EBC brake parts for the Insight anywhere. I managed to find some brembo rotors but no pads.
hondarider90 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-03-2019, 02:09 AM   #10 (permalink)

Send a message via Skype™ to DaBossk

Quote:
Originally Posted by hondarider90 View Post
Where did you manage to find them? I can't find EBC brake parts for the Insight anywhere. I managed to find some brembo rotors but no pads.
I bought it on carid.com

https://www.carid.com/2002-honda-ins...562725629.html

I'm gonna admit I haven't installed the brakes yet but I feel confident they are the right parts.

edit oddly enough they are selling them for $133 now which is weird since I bought them for $90 shipped about 5 months ago
DaBossk is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Insight Central: Honda Insight Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in