Video Guides - Insight Central: Honda Insight Forum

Go Back   Insight Central: Honda Insight Forum > 1st Generation Honda Insight Forum > Honda Insight Forum 1st-Gen Discussion

Insightcentral.net is the premier Honda Insight Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 03-01-2019, 01:22 AM   #1 (permalink)

Garage
Default Video Guides

Hi guys, I'm new to the forum and didn't see a forum for first gen insight video tutorials. For me a video is the easiest way to learn. So I thought videos can be gathered and posted here. I have a Youtube channel and am working on posting repair videos for the Insight I just bought, but i'll link the ones I've seen so far that helped me out.

Trunk latch repair

Wet seatbelt fix

Dash removal

Dash button repair

Parking brake adjustment

Last edited by Jrobling; 03-15-2019 at 10:59 PM.
Jrobling is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-01-2019, 03:26 AM   #2 (permalink)
Administrator

Send a message via MSN to retepsnikrep
Default Useful Collection

Keep at it that's a useful start...
Others I'm sure will add stuff as well..

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 2 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 2 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

ObdIIc&c, Imac&c, ImaBoost, Current Hacks available. Enqs to 150mpg[at]gmail.com
retepsnikrep is online now   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-01-2019, 08:55 AM   #3 (permalink)

Default How to test a cat

How to test a catalytic converter

Last edited by retepsnikrep; 03-01-2019 at 01:08 PM.
Sam12345 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-01-2019, 12:56 PM   #4 (permalink)

Could A person remove converter then through the magic Of Science electroplate the working Metals used by the converter platinum palladium and one more I can't think of ? Is it possible ?i've seen zinc copper silver gold and honey and oats Cheerios could it be done with the catalyst metals ?
NathanC is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-15-2019, 11:03 PM   #5 (permalink)

Garage

I have just started my series of repair videos for my 2001 Insight, i'll link them here or in the post that helped me with the repair. Thanks for all the help so far guys, couldn't have done it without you. If you want to subscribe to my channel and see the weekly videos go here: www.youtube.com/c/JRobling
Old 03-29-2019, 10:49 PM   #6 (permalink)

Garage

Got the speakers fixed in the insight, so here is how to remove the door panels.
Old 04-05-2019, 08:20 PM   #7 (permalink)

Garage

This week I change the trans fluid and do the burnishing procedure.
Old 04-14-2019, 11:47 PM   #8 (permalink)

Garage

Here is how to access the cabin air filter and replace it.
Old 04-16-2019, 07:17 PM   #9 (permalink)

I'll probably be using the cabin air filter one. Do they make a HEPA one for people with seasonal allergies?

Has anyone done a video doing the radio replacement? That's one of the few jobs I'm nervous about doing. I've done a transmission ISB change but that job for whatever reason makes me nervous.
hondarider90 is online now   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-16-2019, 07:26 PM   #10 (permalink)

Garage

I don't think they have a HEPA filter. I literally just finished editing my video where I install rear speakers and had to remove the radio so I could wire them up. That will be out on my Youtube channel in a few weeks, I have a lot of repair videos coming. The radio is pretty simple to get to, just have to drop the glove box with the 2 screws under it, then the 2 screws to the left of where the glove box was, then that plastic comes out and you just remove the screws that hold the radio.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Insight Central: Honda Insight Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
Location (Required)
Where you live
Insurance
Please select your insurance company (Optional)

Log-in