1G for sale in Sacramento - Insight Central: Honda Insight Forum

Go Back   Insight Central: Honda Insight Forum > 1st Generation Honda Insight Forum > Honda Insight Forum 1st-Gen Discussion

Insightcentral.net is the premier Honda Insight Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 03-03-2019, 07:25 PM   #1 (permalink)

Default 1G for sale in Sacramento

Hey Californians, if any of you are looking for another Insight, Copart has one for sale/auction. You could wait for the auction tomorrow, or the BIN price is only $500! They even offer shipping, though it runs and moves under it's own power. I'd purchase it myself, if it were up here.
Kabuki is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-04-2019, 01:13 AM   #2 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kabuki View Post
Hey Californians, if any of you are looking for another Insight, Copart has one for sale/auction. You could wait for the auction tomorrow, or the BIN price is only $500! They even offer shipping, though it runs and moves under it's own power. I'd purchase it myself, if it were up here.
It's been up there for a while. They keep lowering the price a little bit each time it doesn't sell. It's a huge pain to buy from copart if you are in CA and don't have any types of auto dealer license. You have to have an auto broker to buy it and I think you still get a salvage title from what the guy at copart told me.

So the copart fees if you bought this for 500 is an additional 285 bucks plus at least another 200 bucks with a 400 dollar deposit for an auto broker to buy it for you. Now you're looking at almost 1,000 bucks for one that's hit in the front end and who knows what else is wrong with it.

There was a nice one in Vallejo last month with 27k miles on it and was going to bid on it. They didn't post how many miles online and would only know by going and looking at it. I realized as it went to live auction, that I couldn't bid on it. Sold for 125 bucks. Was hit in the front end but would have fixed it. Just seems like most of the time, it's just not worth it for most of the insights in CA for the normal buyer.... in my opinion.
2003 Silver CVT 108k
2005 Silver CVT 261k
bvad8486 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-04-2019, 09:36 AM   #3 (permalink)

Yeah, that is a sad one. Relatively low mileage and maybe a fairly easy fix, but with it being in Coparts hands there isn't much room to make it work out. Would make a great parts car. Irritating the way Coparts blocks the serial number so one can't check the history of the car. I would only buy this one if I could look it over personally.

Looks like it hit a pole or a tree. For likely needs a radiator and A/C condenser, maybe even the front radiator frame. Also looks like the front edge of the hood was slightly damaged. Just too much work and costs. Maybe those good parts will go to someone.
Advertisement

Old 03-04-2019, 10:12 AM   #4 (permalink)

Jime, here's the number JHMZE14722T000863

You just need to sign in. Otherwise it blocks it. I'd see maybe the biggest issue with fixing it is the weak brackets that connect to the frame tubes/extension tubes. As it's part of the frame that's welded up by the fender. I just went through this and fix one but it was more work with it being welded to the frame. If it were me and didn't look too bad, I'd put this one back on the road.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jime View Post
Yeah, that is a sad one. Relatively low mileage and maybe a fairly easy fix, but with it being in Coparts hands there isn't much room to make it work out. Would make a great parts car. Irritating the way Coparts blocks the serial number so one can't check the history of the car. I would only buy this one if I could look it over personally.

Looks like it hit a pole or a tree. For likely needs a radiator and A/C condenser, maybe even the front radiator frame. Also looks like the front edge of the hood was slightly damaged. Just too much work and costs. Maybe those good parts will go to someone.
2003 Silver CVT 108k
2005 Silver CVT 261k
bvad8486 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-04-2019, 11:13 AM   #5 (permalink)

Yeah, since it drives, the original owner should have bought it back, slapped on some bolt up parts and driven cheap transportation for years. It was probably owned by someone who owns no wrenches
Old 03-04-2019, 01:01 PM   #6 (permalink)

I'm looking for something just like this, to use as a test bed for some modifications I want to try. An HCH would work too, but I need it cheap to make certain that I don't sink too much money into the project if it doesn't work out.
Kabuki is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-07-2019, 12:44 AM   #7 (permalink)

HCH doesn't bypass as easy as an Insight so cheap and still working without worrying about battery costs aren't a thing with them.
hondarider90 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Insight Central: Honda Insight Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
Location (Required)
Where you live
Insurance
Please select your insurance company (Optional)

Log-in