Airbox rattle - Insight Central: Honda Insight Forum

Go Back   Insight Central: Honda Insight Forum > 1st Generation Honda Insight Forum > Honda Insight Forum 1st-Gen Discussion

Insightcentral.net is the premier Honda Insight Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 03-04-2019, 06:11 PM   #1 (permalink)

Garage
Default Airbox rattle

Another day another fix. So today I fixed a rattle that was coming from under my hood, it wasn't the hood or the engine, it was the airbox and hose rattling from the car at idle. I thought the 3 screws that held down the airbox were loose but I tried them and they were tight, turns out that the rubber spacers used were worn out so it was free to rattle away. Found the OEM part for 3.29 each plus 10 bucks for shipping...but i'm too cheap for that so I went to Lowe's. Found some washers and ended up putting 2 on each screw, one on top and one on the bottom of the plastic and it works beautifully! Only cost me a little over a dollar for them. Ended braking one of the tabs off as you can see in the picture, FYI make sure you remove the metal cylinder that runs through the original rubber spacers before removal.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 20190304_134815.jpg (105.1 KB, 2 views)
File Type: jpg 20190304_134649.jpg (124.0 KB, 2 views)
File Type: jpg 20190304_134859.jpg (103.9 KB, 3 views)
Jrobling is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-04-2019, 06:19 PM   #2 (permalink)

Garage

If anyone is looking for the OEM piece I found them here https://www.hondaautomotiveparts.com...ng-17212p2jj00
they are called "Air Cleaner Mounting"
Old 03-06-2019, 07:48 PM   #3 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jrobling View Post
Found the OEM part for 3.29 each plus 10 bucks for shipping.
Hard to believe there's no Honda dealer in a big city like Raleigh so you wouldn't pay shipping. When a part is only $3, not worth the trouble to fab something up, as you undoubtedly found out after breaking the tab.
atikovi is online now   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-06-2019, 08:43 PM   #4 (permalink)

Garage

I broke the tab because I didn't know I had to remove the metal from the rubber. If I got the proper parts I still would have found that out.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Insight Central: Honda Insight Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
Location (Required)
Where you live
Insurance
Please select your insurance company (Optional)

Log-in