Maxx-Volt Charger - Insight Central: Honda Insight Forum

Go Back   Insight Central: Honda Insight Forum > 1st Generation Honda Insight Forum > Honda Insight Forum 1st-Gen Discussion

Insightcentral.net is the premier Honda Insight Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 03-05-2019, 10:43 PM   #1 (permalink)
Lifetime Member

Default Maxx-Volt Charger

Quote:
Originally Posted by jime View Post
I don't think that the MaxxVolts charger has provision for discharge, but that is a routine which has been found by many to be helpful.
Their entry level line of chargers EL-1 are discharge compatible out of the box without any "discharge ready" special designations etc. They also have a pro discharger plug n play with their wiring harness which is auto tapering load based and does NOT use lightbulbs in order to have a linear and safe discharge rate. They do not offer it FS to the general public as its only offered to current users of their chargers as they are designed to be PNP with existing harnesses.
1K100-PHM-010
37820-PHM-316
MaximumFuelage is offline   Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-06-2019, 05:47 AM   #2 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaximumFuelage View Post
Their entry level line of chargers EL-1 are discharge compatible out of the box without any "discharge ready" special designations etc. They also have a pro discharger plug n play with their wiring harness which is auto tapering load based and does NOT use lightbulbs in order to have a linear and safe discharge rate. They do not offer it FS to the general public as its only offered to current users of their chargers as they are designed to be PNP with existing harnesses.
This is about as much "round about generalizing" on the subject of disharging as I have ever seen. I went to the site at Maxx-Volts.com and I can find no mention of discharge capability at all, so your description does not correlate with the site descriptions as nearly as I can see.

Since you seem to understand this product line better than most, please provide specific guidance to where the discharge capability is described on the site. In the midst of all the multi-color hype, I could find absolutely no mention of discharging.

We've been through this before. Your persistent promotion of this product, under the guise of a regular IC membership, gives strong indication that you are directly connected to the vendor in some way and have a vested interest - without so divulging. Answer my direct questions above or get off the site!
Old 03-06-2019, 06:52 AM   #3 (permalink)
Lifetime Member

Quote:
This is about as much "round about generalizing" on the subject of disharging as I have ever seen. I went to the site at Maxx-Volts.com and I can find no mention of discharge capability at all, so your description does not correlate with the site descriptions as nearly as I can see.

Since you seem to understand this product line better than most, please provide specific guidance to where the discharge capability is described on the site. In the midst of all the multi-color hype, I could find absolutely no mention of discharging
All anyone needs to do is read the forum posts on this site to obtain this readily available information. I know the product lines just as like I own the car. You own a car and you know the features and configurations available for the car you own, because you've studied it.

If you ordered a Tesla Model 3, you would know that you can get the 19" upgraded rims, enhanced autopilot hardware, full auto driving option and dual motor performance, long range battery because you've come familiar with it and maybe you already own a model s.

Discharging is not for everyone and not every vehicle nor user is a good candidate for live DC electricity that can invoke cardiac arrest and or death and I don't blame their company at all for only offering their discharger to their own vetted maxx volts charger user base as I reckon GenesisOne sold their entire operation due to risk of liability. In fact Mike made potential buyers all sign a contract prior to purchase before releasing his charger/discharger to anyone.

Anyhow, all websites are multi color hype, including this one. Never seen a black and white website. Surely that was meant to be a moderator dig on a manufacturer website. Its no wonder I can't convince them to come to this site as its too politically volatile at the expense of informational. Even users of their products get threatened by mods.

https://www.insightcentral.net/forum...31-post12.html

https://www.insightcentral.net/forum...39-post10.html

https://www.insightcentral.net/forum...37-post27.html
1K100-PHM-010
37820-PHM-316
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-06-2019, 10:10 AM   #4 (permalink)

Quote:
Even users of their products get threatened by mods.
I don't think I've ever seen a user threatened by a moderator regarding these chargers. What could such action possibly accomplish? Please inform me by posting a reference to the thread where you saw a user threatened by a moderator!

This is just more circular postings and obfuscation. I specifically note that you DID NOT provide a reference to the site description of the discharge capability. Apparently there is none that the company wishes to speak of
Old 03-06-2019, 10:49 AM   #5 (permalink)
Lifetime Member

Quote:
I don't think I've ever seen a user threatened by a moderator regarding these chargers. What could such action possibly accomplish? Please inform me by posting a reference to the thread where you saw a user threatened by a moderator!

This is just more circular postings and obfuscation. I specifically note that you DID NOT provide a reference to the site description of the discharge capability. Apparently there is none that the company wishes to speak of
My account here is harassed and threatened by mods on an ongoing basis from being a supporter of a non site sponsored product and continued accusations of an affiliation with the manufacturer. In your last post in fact, you threatened to "directly answer your questions" or get off the site! (your exclamation point, not mine). The confrontational nature of how non site sponsor product users or enthusiasts are treated on this site is poor and the only losers are the site and site members and readers as the manufacturers won't engage with this forum as its not a fair or even playing field for them.

Circular postings? Yeah, if you circle back to the past posts that have already been written, all of the information you are claiming not to have is posted on this very forum you moderate.

What site description of the discharge capability? Where did I claim there was a site description made to your satisfaction? Its not against the law to have product features not advertised to avoid unnecessary hype over a last ditch effort process that may or may not offer any benefit to a user. If Maxx Volts chooses not to highlight discharger compatibility on their site, that's their choice, not mine, nor yours. Furthermore, if you absorbed the info in the quotes below it would make sense that the discharge compatibility out of the box is on their EL-1 line WHICH IS NOT SOLD ON THEIR MANUFACTURER WEBSITE YOU ARE REFERENCING.

The discharge capability quotes are listed in the below posts from this exact forum.

Since you refuse to read the referenced posts already written, let me provide cliff quotes instead.

Quote:
Maxx Volts EL-1 wiring harnesses do not use "extra cords" nor "discharge harness". Their wiring harness can both charge and discharge via the main 600v rated SOOW industrial grade 18ga copper strand wiring harness without anything additional or optional required.
Quote:
Have you even been to the Maxx Volts website? If you had, you would know that the EL-1 series chargers referenced in my post are NOT available for sale from their website. They are a specialty entry level line sold on ebay and elsewhere.
Quote:
Originally Posted by from 2018
Maxx Volts EL-1 chargers are discharge ready out of the box without any special add on parts or special harnesses. Maxx Volts has also manufactured and sold their Pro load based automatic discharger since 2013. It's not publicly listed as they reserve them for those who have first used and become familiar with a charger and have the data available to determine whether they are a good candidate for a discharger. Most find charging alone resolves their issues to their satisfaction.
1K100-PHM-010
37820-PHM-316
Old 03-06-2019, 12:52 PM   #6 (permalink)

Quote:

What site description of the discharge capability? Where did I claim there was a site description made to your satisfaction? Its not against the law to have product features not advertised to avoid unnecessary hype over a last ditch effort process that may or may not offer any benefit to a user. If Maxx Volts chooses not to highlight discharger compatibility on their site, that's their choice, not mine, nor yours. Furthermore, if you absorbed the info in the quotes below it would make sense that the discharge compatibility out of the box is on their EL-1 line WHICH IS NOT SOLD ON THEIR MANUFACTURER WEBSITE YOU ARE REFERENCING.

Well enough of the circular fluff. I quote the paragraph above because it is apparently the key to getting a discharge capability from Maxx-Volt, in your own words.

I must say that you know an incredible amount of inside information about the Maxx-Volt operation not to have a direct interest in the supplier
Old 03-06-2019, 01:23 PM   #7 (permalink)

Cmon kids get it together or you will be sent to bed without supper!

(Bitchin meds)
Willie
MaxIMA Battery (Serial #2), on 8/25/12 @ 301,000 miles
Another MaxIMA Battery, on 6/25/17 @ 399,252 miles
Use: 438,000 mi. @ 58.2 LMPG.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 2 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 2 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Willie Williford is offline   Quick reply to this message
Old 03-06-2019, 02:35 PM   #8 (permalink)
Lifetime Member

Quote:
Well enough of the circular fluff. I quote the paragraph above because it is apparently the key to getting a discharge capability from Maxx-Volt, in your own words.

I must say that you know an incredible amount of inside information about the Maxx-Volt operation not to have a direct interest in the supplier
First off, to clear up any misconception, I am not the thread starter for this thread. Moderator (jime, I assume) cut this post from another thread and created a thread out of it.

Not at all to both your comments. Inside information? Inside what, the chargers? I know their product info because I have been using them for years. Just like I know Tesla because its of interest to me so I try and learn as much about their options, data and features as possible.

All premium model charging systems from their direct manufacturer website have protections built in to prevent reverse flow electric at the docking port.

Those who have experienced using their maxx volts charging systems and have documented the results of charging alone will then have the data available to determine if they are a candidate for discharging or if they are good to go as it stands.

For those with high internal resistance cells, or other issues such as high self discharge rates etc could potentially benefit from the use of a discharger. In those cases the company will sell their pro discharger which is PNP to existing docking port and intermediate cable as well as a discharge link is included in the package which will allow energy to flow to the discharger.

The entry level EL-1 systems do not have a docking port or intermediate cable, but instead a one piece wiring harness which allows for discharging out of the box.

So all Maxx Volts chargers can support discharging in the rare case that someone is intent on doing so. Their Pro Discharger (reserved for existing Maxx Volts charger users only) comes with everything needed to plug into the existing wiring harness and commence discharging on any EL-1 or Premium model charger available from their website.
1K100-PHM-010
37820-PHM-316
Old 03-06-2019, 02:52 PM   #9 (permalink)

You are misrepresenting yourself as a disinterested member regarding Maxx-Volt chargers. The case is under consideration by all of the moderator staff.

BTW, topics which are clearly off subject within a given thread are frequently split off to another thread out of courtesy to the OP in the first thread so that his thread is not hijacked as we say.

Last edited by jime; 03-06-2019 at 05:01 PM.
jime is offline   Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Closed Thread

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Insight Central: Honda Insight Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in