Anyone have long term experience with superlight shockproof gear oil? - Insight Central: Honda Insight Forum

Go Back   Insight Central: Honda Insight Forum > 1st Generation Honda Insight Forum > Honda Insight Forum 1st-Gen Discussion

Insightcentral.net is the premier Honda Insight Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 03-31-2019, 12:35 AM   #1 (permalink)

Default Anyone have long term experience with superlight shockproof gear oil?

Last thread I could find on the subject is here: https://www.insightcentral.net/forum...confusion.html but I'm curious how its held up in long term use or if anyone has any comments. Ive gone about 15k with it and I have no idea how long its supposed to last between changes.
motherbrain is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-31-2019, 04:20 AM   #2 (permalink)

Well itís normal to change the trans oil is at 60k so if itís used as normal and not for racing applications I would say 100k

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Xspeedracer is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-31-2019, 10:43 AM   #3 (permalink)

IIRR the interval on trans. fluid change on the 5 speed Insight is 100K.
Seems like that is working for me at least.
MaxIMA Battery (Serial #2), on 8/25/12 @ 301,000 miles
Another MaxIMA Battery, on 6/25/17 @ 399,252 miles
Use: 438,000 mi. @ 58.2 LMPG.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 2 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 2 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Willie Williford is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-31-2019, 10:47 AM   #4 (permalink)

A car for sale close to Nashville Tennessee. 325,000 miles I talked to the guy on Facebook.thanked him for his honesty never changed CVT oil ever.The car sold not to me.if he had changed the oil 2 or three times I would've got it. I watched a video on YouTube this morning how clean transmission Oil makes your car motor last longer. The transmission spins easier with clean oil less friction .A motor with less drag last longer he also said HIGH pressure tires ditto !-------------------- if you were wondering what my girlfriend looks like. Just a minute telephone is ringing
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_1764_1554043455020.jpg (25.6 KB, 2 views)
NathanC is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-31-2019, 11:14 AM   #5 (permalink)

Sorry, wrong number!

Hang in there Nathan, she will call back.
MaxIMA Battery (Serial #2), on 8/25/12 @ 301,000 miles
Another MaxIMA Battery, on 6/25/17 @ 399,252 miles
Use: 438,000 mi. @ 58.2 LMPG.

Willie Williford is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-31-2019, 02:58 PM   #6 (permalink)

OK cool, seems like I'm set for a while. I have a friend who uses their gear oil say say its designed for short term use in track racing etc so it may break down faster over time than the default honda MTF. I just don't want anything to happen to my baby lol.
motherbrain is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Insight Central: Honda Insight Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in