Wet seat belt issue solved, SRS light persists - Insight Central: Honda Insight Forum

Go Back   Insight Central: Honda Insight Forum > 1st Generation Honda Insight Forum > Honda Insight Forum 1st-Gen Discussion

Insightcentral.net is the premier Honda Insight Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 04-17-2019, 06:39 PM   #1 (permalink)

Default Wet seat belt issue solved, SRS light persists

Greetings all! Hoping that someone can direct me to the right info on how to clear a SRS light. I think it may have been caused by a water leak above the seatbelts, but the leaks are now fixed. Also hoping to find more info on the $21 lawn mower battery option and if that change requires different battery cables, etc? It sounds like a great option especially if there is no additional cost of different cables. Many thanks in advance.
CITRUS 95060 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-17-2019, 09:25 PM   #2 (permalink)
Lifetime Member

google honda mes connector
Old 04-18-2019, 04:49 AM   #3 (permalink)
Lifetime Member

Default Erasing the SRS memory

Page 23-19 in Service Manual.
Pretty annoying. Took me 4 or 5 trys to get it done.
Randall

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 2 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
highwater is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-18-2019, 04:45 PM   #4 (permalink)

Default OTC Encore

I replaced a seat belt in an insight and afterwards, the SRS light came on. I drove the car for about 50 miles and hoped that it went out, but it didn't. I hooked up a Cen-Tech Deluxe scan tool and scanned my car, but it didn't read any seat belt codes. I instructed the scan tool to erase any codes, however the light remained lit. I took the car to a garage where someone scanned it with an OTC Encore and it read code 4-01 "open/increased resistance in front passenger seat belt tensioner". We then instructed it to erase the code and when I started the car, the SRS light didn't come on. I've driven about 10 miles since then and it hasn't come back on.
old97s is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-18-2019, 05:24 PM   #5 (permalink)

THANK YOU for the great info. Looking forward to getting this light cleared soon. It is nice to hear from folks who have first-hand experience. Once the SRS light is cleared, i will have no undesirable dash lights(as long as the battery pack continues to hold strong). By GOD's Grace...
Old 04-19-2019, 05:00 AM   #6 (permalink)
Lifetime Member

Default cheat sheet

Cheat sheet was still stuck in the shop manual.
I used a couple alligator clip test leads and paper clips, so I could get out from under the dash to watch the SRS light blink.
The SRS plug is on the under dash fuse block. On left side. Yellow 2-pin.

Randall

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 2 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
highwater is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-19-2019, 04:57 PM   #7 (permalink)

Thank you Randall, i just made a copy to use and to keep in my records. Great info! -john
Old 04-20-2019, 06:12 PM   #8 (permalink)

Tried to clear the SRS earlier today but could not get the SRS light to go off after the prescribed 6+ seconds. Will try it again later...maybe it takes a few tried as was mentioned.
Old 04-20-2019, 08:34 PM   #9 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by old97s View Post
I replaced a seat belt in an insight and afterwards, the SRS light came on.
Lifetime warranty on seat belts. Should have taken it to the dealer and they would have replaced it for free.
atikovi is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-23-2019, 08:57 PM   #10 (permalink)

Thanks for letting me know about the lifetime seat belt warranty. That is fantastic! As it turns out the next try it cleared. I think that i did not have good contact jumper to connector on the first attempt. Many thanks.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Insight Central: Honda Insight Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in