Oh no can't make it go $$$ - Insight Central: Honda Insight Forum

Go Back   Insight Central: Honda Insight Forum > 1st Generation Honda Insight Forum > Honda Insight Forum 1st-Gen Discussion

Insightcentral.net is the premier Honda Insight Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 04-28-2019, 12:45 PM   #1 (permalink)

Default Oh no can't make it go $$$

I'm looking at CVT car in sitting for three years. All the batteries are dead. The man said motor will turn it won't start .I have not been to the location of car but I'm interested in it.any recommendations? Thank you
NathanC is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-28-2019, 01:22 PM   #2 (permalink)

My recommendation is to make him pay you to take it away.

Scott
Red 2002,MT 196,000mi, RE92's, new rear springs, GAZ shocks
Citrus 2000,MT 182,000mi, MIMA, RE92's, S2000 leather steering wheel, Japanese seat covers.
Simple grid charger SC03
New rear coil springs available, PM me.
One piece aluminum underbody panels.
PayPal:
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 2 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
KLR3CYL is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-28-2019, 01:30 PM   #3 (permalink)

Good advice I have seen that happen. Usually it to someone half my age real good looking an female!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-28-2019, 01:31 PM   #4 (permalink)
Administrator

Send a message via MSN to retepsnikrep

Quote:
Originally Posted by KLR3CYL View Post
My recommendation is to make him pay you to take it away.

Scott
Ha ha Excellent advice..

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 2 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

ObdIIc&c, Imac&c, ImaBoost, Current Hacks available. Enqs to 150mpg[at]gmail.com
retepsnikrep is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-28-2019, 03:50 PM   #5 (permalink)

LOL-ROF

Around Tupelo where I grew up, the old salts would say it is either fuel or fire(pronounced far).

If there are two of you, you can spray a bit of starting fluid into air cleaner hose and it may fire if fuel is the problem. Be careful as it may backfire if you get too much.Keep your face away.

The plugs may already be fouled after multiple attempts.

You can look through the oil fill hole and see the end rocker arm. Movement of that valve should tell you whether the cam is turning or not (i.e. broken cam).

From the ignition schematic, looks like pin 1 on the ignition coil is pulsed from the ECM. You should be able to see a flicker on an old style analog voltmeter - if you can find one. (Sean says Wal-Mart has them.)

Don't forget to give the guy a bill if you get it running
Old 04-28-2019, 07:14 PM   #6 (permalink)

Thank you Mr. Jim! I'm very familiar with starting fire. It would take me four hours to get there where it's at maybe more. Like to carry some ammunition with me .thanks again
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Insight Central: Honda Insight Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in