T boned - Page 3 - Insight Central: Honda Insight Forum

Go Back   Insight Central: Honda Insight Forum > 1st Generation Honda Insight Forum > Honda Insight Forum 1st-Gen Discussion

Insightcentral.net is the premier Honda Insight Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 05-13-2019, 09:10 PM   #21 (permalink)

I don't know what the front end looked like but I picked one up that was ran into a fence and ditch. Great car but the front radiator support area was really bent in. That whole support structure is welded in. And as far as I know the insurance companies will total it if it's bent. Maybe others have different experience? Anyways I went to a junk yard pulled everything off. The part that was welded up top, I simply cut with some wire cutters and the whole front support came off. Got the entire front end for 45 bucks. Went home and did a little grinding, made a bracket to bolt everything back up and have a great running car again. Sure glad I rebuilt it rather than parted the car out.

Anyways that's my experience with the front ends. It was so easy that I have an extra complete front end ready to go when I find another crashed one.

Scott's a smart one when it comes to these so his advice might be worth sticking with.
2003 Silver CVT 108k
2005 Silver CVT 261k
bvad8486 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-14-2019, 10:47 AM   #22 (permalink)

Default Some ‘splanin to do

Sorry I let you guys down. I seriously thought about keeping the insight for parts
For us all. First no room. Then I thought well what about the folks at bumblebee.
But then no time. My wife and I leave on a trip in two days. Finally, I really just had to let go. I’ve spent my whole life pushing a rope, ( my words for making things happen that maybe sometimes shouldn’t). As for fixing it, jeez, I think it was finally even for me just too much. I’ll be back in a couple weeks. Then we’ll
See. Again thanks, all of you.

Last edited by EricTheWood; 05-14-2019 at 10:56 AM.
EricTheWood is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-14-2019, 11:16 AM   #23 (permalink)

Everyone has their own circumstances with their lives. Didn't let any of us down. Anyways have fun on your trip. When you get back you can start on another insight

Quote:
Originally Posted by EricTheWood View Post
Sorry I let you guys down. I seriously thought about keeping the insight for parts
For us all. First no room. Then I thought well what about the folks at bumblebee.
But then no time. My wife and I leave on a trip in two days. Finally, I really just had to let go. I’ve spent my whole life pushing a rope, ( my words for making things happen that maybe sometimes shouldn’t). As for fixing it, jeez, I think it was finally even for me just too much. I’ll be back in a couple weeks. Then we’ll
See. Again thanks, all of you.
2003 Silver CVT 108k
2005 Silver CVT 261k
bvad8486 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-15-2019, 07:15 AM   #24 (permalink)

A sad day, no doubt. My daughter finished my first one off for me. I can't recall what the insurance paid (oh yeah, liability only and daughter's fault = no $$ to me), but it doesn't account for time and effort put into the vehicle. What may seem like a small amount of damage is usually more than the car is now worth, according to insurance companies.
2010 Insight Gen2 - Clear Sky Blue Metallic- Wife's, 80k

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 2 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Last edited by striider; 05-15-2019 at 07:28 AM.
striider is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Insight Central: Honda Insight Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
Location (Required)
Where you live
Insurance
Please select your insurance company (Optional)

Log-in