2006 MT CORRECT O2 SENSORS etc - Insight Central: Honda Insight Forum

Go Back   Insight Central: Honda Insight Forum > 1st Generation Honda Insight Forum > Honda Insight Forum 1st-Gen Discussion

Insightcentral.net is the premier Honda Insight Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 06-01-2019, 05:50 PM   #1 (permalink)
Lifetime Member

Default 2006 MT CORRECT O2 SENSORS etc

Could anybody provide any additional info for me to verify if I have the correct (NTK??)sensors? I’m currently peaking at 57mpg. Have done the usual: cleaned the EGR plate, RE92 [email protected], IMA recal, cleaned and retorqued ground terminals, correct spark plugs, K&N air filter, Mobil1 oil change. I’m guessing I’m about 95% done and I’ve got to find the other 2-5% that’s “hanging me up! It’s getting a “tad” frustrating.
Imamatthews is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-01-2019, 06:54 PM   #2 (permalink)
Learner

As far as I'm aware, the factory supplied upstream O2 Sensor sensor in the later 2002-2006 Insights is a Denso 234-9013. It is a perfect physical match at any rate.

As an aside, before I realized this, I installed an NTK 24660 into my 2005 Insight the upstream O2 sensor failed and it seems to be working ok. It is more sketchy at high load in lean burn, but it's hard to say at this point if that's the O2 sensor's fault. I do have new Denso 234-9013 that in need to install into that car for testing.

I have not yet removed either of the two downstream O2 sensors to investigate what part exactly matches the OEM sensors.

tl:dr For 2002-2006 Insights, the upstream O2 Sensor OEM is a Denso 234-9013 The NTK 24660 will most likely work too, but it's more expensive, so go with the Denso. I don't know for sure about the other downstream sensors.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 2 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Bull Dog is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-01-2019, 10:19 PM   #3 (permalink)
Lifetime Member

When you say peaking, do you mean per tank or per drive? Are you able to see over 100mpg on the instant readout? What's your drive and a/c use like?
fusion210 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-02-2019, 01:01 AM   #4 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Imamatthews View Post
Could anybody provide any additional info for me to verify if I have the correct (NTK??)sensors? Iím currently peaking at 57mpg. Have done the usual: cleaned the EGR plate, RE92 [email protected], IMA recal, cleaned and retorqued ground terminals, correct spark plugs, K&N air filter, Mobil1 oil change. Iím guessing Iím about 95% done and Iíve got to find the other 2-5% thatís ďhanging me up! Itís getting a ďtadĒ frustrating.
sounds like you are pretty far along! I am also chasing that last 5-10 MPG.

BullDog is right, I'm pretty sure. The NTK appears to be the OEM LAF sensor for 2000 through late 2001 and at that point they changed to a different design and I think it's the Denso as well. I pulled a Denso from a 2006 in a junkyard, from my own car, and read that another owner had one in theirs ("late-2001" - 2006 according to the manual).

I've seen a number of posts to "get the NTK because they are the OEM supplier" but I believe this does NOT apply to our cars.

I bought a Bosch which appears to be suitable for our years, but was not. It turned out to be a Denso (the Denso stamp was cleverly covered with a crimped-on sleeve and the design was not the same, and ended up performing poorly and throwing codes.

Please post if you change the LAF sensor and see an improvement, but maybe after the two things I don't see on your list: adjust the valve lash (.007 to .009 intake, .008 - .010 exhaust) - that gave me a 5+ MPH - and the EGR valve.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Insight Central: Honda Insight Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in