It's with great sorrow. - Insight Central: Honda Insight Forum

Go Back   Insight Central: Honda Insight Forum > 1st Generation Honda Insight Forum > Honda Insight Forum 1st-Gen Discussion

Insightcentral.net is the premier Honda Insight Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 07-08-2019, 10:20 PM   #1 (permalink)

Default It's with great sorrow.

My 2005 Honda Insight. 250k miles, and had never left me stranded may have met it's unfortunate end as a result of a stolen car, hit and run. I'd just put new Vredsteins on it, and had it cleaned. it's been a fantastic car this entire time. I'm pretty sad about this, as this, was the car I really wanted. I'd had it six years, and we'd had so much fun together exploring the Pacific Northwest. Not sure what I'll be doing next yet. Still kind of processing.

mrdennmann is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-08-2019, 10:32 PM   #2 (permalink)

Sorry for your loss. It is especially sad when a true Insight lover falls on misfortune.
Old 07-09-2019, 12:54 AM   #3 (permalink)

Very sorry to hear about your loss. Itís very easy to get attached to a good insight. I lost my first one to a t bone in a Portland intersection three months ago. I was not hurt but it was a psychic shock. After about a week I started to look for another one which I soon found. It was a good way to recover from the sense of loss. And Iím driving and preserving another one of these great cars again.
EricTheWood is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-09-2019, 01:13 AM   #4 (permalink)

I've got five cars. I just love the first one though. The other four are back ups in case something happens . There's nine insights in Crockett County now. Five of them were paid for under $1000 apiece. My $600 car is equal in every way to my first car Plus it's a citrus. There's a difference in a Honda insight and a beautiful girlfriend the car will be there in the morning. When you pay for the car it's your car . And it takes a while but you can figure a insight out .An predict its behavior.
NathanC is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-09-2019, 01:29 AM   #5 (permalink)

I would hate to lose my car. Sorry for your loss. I've sent you a PM in case it might be available for parts or repair.
Red 2000 MT #1498 MIMA 137P; Matiz Springs, OBDIIC&C
Red 2000 MT #2560 Matiz Springs, OBDIIC&C
Genesis One Overnight Grid Charger
kennysmith is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-09-2019, 02:12 AM   #6 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrdennmann View Post
My 2005 Honda Insight. 250k miles, and had never left me stranded may have met it's unfortunate end as a result of a stolen car, hit and run. I'd just put new Vredsteins on it, and had it cleaned. it's been a fantastic car this entire time. I'm pretty sad about this, as this, was the car I really wanted. I'd had it six years, and we'd had so much fun together exploring the Pacific Northwest. Not sure what I'll be doing next yet. Still kind of processing.

I am really sorry to hear that. I hope you find a replacement for your sweetie pie really quickly. I just love mine to pieces, too, so I can sympathize. Good luck with your next one.

PS, for some strange reasons the links for your four photos show up in my preview but not in your post or mine. Ah, the magic of computers.
boojum is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-09-2019, 09:40 AM   #7 (permalink)

The images aren't working. Sorry. My insurance is being difficult, and attempting to avoiding assisting me in this. Apparently, having your car smashed, while in your own driveway, while you're asleep, may not be covered.
Old 07-09-2019, 10:27 AM   #8 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrdennmann View Post
My insurance is being difficult
Progressive?

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 2 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
. Warm White or Cool White available!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 2 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

2000 Insight,
tryingbe is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-09-2019, 11:07 AM   #9 (permalink)

Allstate insurance.
Old 07-09-2019, 11:11 AM   #10 (permalink)

I noticed 20 years ago if you were out in the middle of the desert and need A glass of water the insurance company if they could get out of it they would. That is another reason to drive $1000 Car you don't need insurance .and I also plan to be buried in my car which makes it even more efficient don't need a $10,000 coffin . That doesn't have a motor or transmission Air-conditioning stereo or windshield wipers. You know stuff that's useful! Check out Super lean burn on YouTube .ps my coffin Will have IMA bypass. bye
NathanC is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Insight Central: Honda Insight Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in