Honda Insight Forum banner

just checkin in

805 views 1 reply 2 participants last post by  freezin4 
#1 ·
New to the board and I just want to say hello. I own a 2000 Insight. Bought her two years ago. No major modifications yet I'm planning to do some this year. Looking forward to get ideas and tips on how to upgrade my ride. Pics of my Insight will be up next time. Cheers!

#2 ·
You've had her for two years and you are just now getting to the best part of insight ownership (being a part of this awesome forum)? Lol
Welcome to the club!
My ideas of good mods are functional mods, as opposed to purely cosmetic. I especially like junkyard mods, where repurposing parts from another (different model) car.
I would plan on a grid charger and harness for battery maintenance.
Then, my all-time favorite mod: S2000 leather steering wheel.
Other cool mods are: seats, headlights, rear muffler delete. At one of our meets, we had prizes for "Best Mods" and the top two were an extreme sized rear aluminum trunk, (custom made deeper and wider after muffler delete), and the other was an oil filtration system. [Mods by Fishcleaner and JohnGarcia.]
Or, you can get into some of the trick gadgets such as OBD2 C&C, and the IMA C&C, or the MIMA (hard to find anymore).
Some would say upgrading the battery is a mod. :)
Tell us more about your car.
Welcome!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.