Honda Insight Forum banner

Best Replacement Headlight Bulb For G1?

4K views 3 replies 4 participants last post by  brucepick 
#1 ·
My Headlight just went out and I was just going to buy a pair of Silverstars and I thought maybe there are better bulbs available or A good HID Kit for the G1.
Any bulb or Hid kit you can recommend?
Thanks

#2 ·
If you are going to go with halogen, I would recommend going with the Philips X-treme vision. They are brighter than the Silverstars and last 3x longer. You can get them on Amazon for around $30 a set.

http://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B00QJ..._UL100_SR100,100_&refRID=11JJVVS4PAJPTAH1MGNM

HIDs are better overall to my knowledge, but they require a lot of work done to the headlights to make them fit. Maybe another member will chime in who has done an HID conversion.

Best of luck

#4 · (Edited)
I installed LED headlight "bulbs" in my previous car (Accord) and loved them.
They installed into the headlight assembly like the standard halogens.
These use less power than halogens or HIDs and provide brilliant white light. Better beam control / focus than inexpensive HIDs that end up blinding other drivers. The Insight takes a different size bulb so I wasn't able to swap them over.

A few years ago, LED headlights were not good enough to do a decent job. Now the LED emitters are smaller, so the LED unit designers are able to more accurately mimic the beam and focus performance of the original halogen design.

My LEDs came from xenondepot.com. They currently have two versions that would fit the Gen 1 Insight. Sorry I can't say I've tried either yet - I bought my G1 recently and headlights haven't yet risen to the top of my priorities list.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.