Eneos 0w_ 20 oil - Insight Central: Honda Insight Forum

Go Back   Insight Central: Honda Insight Forum > 2nd Generation Honda Insight Forum > Honda Insight Forum 2nd-Gen Discussion

Insightcentral.net is the premier Honda Insight Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 07-04-2017, 04:36 PM   #1 (permalink)

Garage
Default Eneos 0w_ 20 oil

Hi guys,any of you have any advice,or experience with this Jap oil?, significantly cheaper on eBay,than honda green oil,thank you.
Garrydhu is online now   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-05-2017, 04:19 PM   #2 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Garrydhu View Post
Hi guys,any of you have any advice,or experience with this Jap oil?, significantly cheaper on eBay,than honda green oil,thank you.
In business since 1888.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/JXTG_N...Oil_%26_Energy

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 2 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
. Warm White or Cool White available!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 2 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

2000 Insight,
tryingbe is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-05-2017, 04:53 PM   #3 (permalink)

Garage
Default Thanks

25% cheaper than green oil
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-26-2017, 09:48 PM   #4 (permalink)

Bought mine at Car Quest. Pours like water. 7000kms and still clean as the day I put it in.

Anyone put in a larger filter for longer service intervals? I used to do it on my truck all the time.

Last edited by warpdrive; 07-26-2017 at 09:49 PM. Reason: Forgot something
warpdrive is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-27-2017, 01:01 AM   #5 (permalink)

Garage

Seems ok so?I eventually went with the recommended Honda green oil,but will give the enos a go next time,,,do u think the mpg is ok?
Old 07-27-2017, 06:52 AM   #6 (permalink)

I've used it before, but wouldn't know what to tell you about it. Even if I would have done oil analysis, there would be too many variables to draw meaningful or practical conclusions from it.
As far as remote filter, John Garcia has installed an Amsoil filter system on his car and has had several lab tests over the past few years. He has stretched the change intervals safely to over 10000 miles IIRC. But I'm pretty sure he using the Amsoil products.
Here is the repository for enough data, hypothesis, conjectures, opinions, taste tests etc to drive you crazy, or keep you occupied for two months: https://bobistheoilguy.com
freezin4 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-29-2017, 09:44 AM   #7 (permalink)

Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by freezin4 View Post
I've used it before, but wouldn't know what to tell you about it. Even if I would have done oil analysis, there would be too many variables to draw meaningful or practical conclusions from it.
As far as remote filter, John Garcia has installed an Amsoil filter system on his car and has had several lab tests over the past few years. He has stretched the change intervals safely to over 10000 miles IIRC. But I'm pretty sure he using the Amsoil products.
Here is the repository for enough data, hypothesis, conjectures, opinions, taste tests etc to drive you crazy, or keep you occupied for two months: https://bobistheoilguy.com
Thanks, haven't got 2 months,so reckon I'll stick with the honda green oil
Old 09-11-2017, 07:33 PM   #8 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by freezin4 View Post
John Garcia has installed an Amsoil filter system on his car and has had several lab tests over the past few years. He has stretched the change intervals safely to over 10000 miles IIRC.
The normal change interval on my 2010 LX is nearly 10k miles by the maintenance minder (helps that the car never gets started unless it's going at least 10 highway miles). Use Subaru 0W-20 since new - now at 120k miles with zero oil consumption.
Old 09-11-2017, 08:07 PM   #9 (permalink)

That model year IS NOT effected by oil consumption per the recall.

HTH
Willie
MaxIMA Battery (Serial #2), on 8/25/12 @ 301,000 miles
Another MaxIMA Battery, on 6/25/17 @ 399,252 miles
Use: 438,000 mi. @ 58.2 LMPG.

Willie Williford is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-11-2017, 08:31 PM   #10 (permalink)

Correct, I was just trying to point out that a 10k mile interval isn't that unusual.
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Insight Central: Honda Insight Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in