JDM Internavi Mitsubishi NH167L - Insight Central: Honda Insight Forum

Go Back   Insight Central: Honda Insight Forum > 2nd Generation Honda Insight Forum > Honda Insight Forum 2nd-Gen Discussion

Insightcentral.net is the premier Honda Insight Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 11-06-2017, 09:37 AM   #1 (permalink)

Default JDM Internavi Mitsubishi NH167L

SO I am now in tinker mode.

I will address all the bloody niggles that annoy me.
To start fiddling around with - mainly the electronics - I have downloaded the two PDF "manuals" from this site.
Obviously those are for "Export" models and mine is a JDM, there will be differences. First question:

Am I right to assume that climate control communications between the dashboard Climate Control Unit and the AC is done via CAN-B or Body CANBus? If so, does anyone have the PID's for that bus?
To achieve a positive automated control I would have to have an Arduino with two CANBus shields reading the speed from the main CAN bus and sending AC commands via the Body CAN bus. Geez, life was much, much simpler in the days before everything was controlled by proprietary systems.

The Service Manual states that connector B on the Nav carries:
"HandsFreeLink control unit" on B8/B9/B11/B12/B20/B21/B23/B24. Unfortunately, the Terminal Names are not self explanatory - apart from HFL_MUTE. Does anyone have an idea, how the HFL relates to the buttons on the steering wheel? Given the fact that there is a "HFL_MUTE" I assume it's not done via CAN bus, but rather taken directly from the steering wheel buttons.

If I read the circuit diagram correctly, the Audio Control/Remote is done with a resistor network, but I see no such layout for the left side controls, call/hangup/speak. It's all referring to a miraculous "HandsFreeLink Control Unit". Most interestingly, the 5-pin HFL Switch on the wheel only describes three pins (3/5).

Most annoyingly, the Service Manual does not mention a reversing cam.

Does anyone positively know, which wire carries the reversing camera, what format is it (FBAS?) and how to switch it on and off? Apparently Honda communicates the gear to the Internavi via CAN bus. So I will have to tap into the CAN bus - again with the Arduino - and read the gearbox. Anyone got the PIDs for that? And then switch on/off the camera. Seems like the Arduino will be very busy...

The reason why I am asking is because the use of cellphones and mobile devices while driving is prohibited and we have some ridonkulous fines - up to the equivalent of $2000 - for holding a mobile in your hand while driving.

Now I have paired my cellphone with the Internavi, but I can't talk to that thing. A call comes in and I press the appropriate button on the wheel, the call IS answered, but no audio is being routed through the Internavi. Am I missing something here? Since the Internavi is of no use in its current stae, I have to replace it with something different (and, possibly, better and more modern) based on an Android head unit. Or does anyone know, what I' doing wrong, here?

On another note: does anyone have a (European) source for this thing here?
GA-Net+ Acura / Honda - car bus, monitor, buttons, carPC - Adapter
If everything else fails, I can keep my old headunit and feed it externally with a Windows-PC...
Corkonian is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-06-2017, 09:49 AM   #2 (permalink)
Administrator

Send a message via MSN to retepsnikrep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Corkonian View Post
SO I am now in tinker mode.
If everything else fails, I can keep my old headunit and feed it externally with a Windows-PC...
I think that's your only option.

None of the inter module canbus stuff is in the public domain..

Reverse engineering the can bus to do what you want is going to be such a massive, expensive and complicated task that it's simply not feasible IMHO..

Unless of course you have an unlimited budget, time and skills...

Sorry I can't add anything more positive..

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 2 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 2 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

ObdIIc&c, Imac&c, ImaBoost, Current Hacks available. Enqs to 150mpg[at]gmail.com
retepsnikrep is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-06-2017, 09:51 AM   #3 (permalink)

Which means that I can kiss the original reversing cam and the left hand side steering wheel controls goodbye? F****** #*$+%!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-06-2017, 11:43 PM   #4 (permalink)
Engine-Off-Coast

Look I know I mentioned it before, but go double-din Kenwood Excelon and never look back, because you won't have to, because it will have reverse-cam support.

Trust me, I did it, it's great.

Natalya is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-07-2017, 02:38 AM   #5 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Natalya View Post
Look I know I mentioned it before, but go double-din Kenwood Excelon and never look back, because you won't have to, because it will have reverse-cam support.
@Natalya, thank you, I would go for that, if it weren't for the small issue that Excelons are unavailable here. I would just swap one problem with another. As Excelons are meant for the US market only, I would get the wrong receiver (again) and a non-working GPS (again) due to the lack of maps. I would, indeed, get rid of the funny letters and the Japanese lady that is shouting some strange words at me - but for that I would not shell out about $1000 for a head unit, s&h and 23% tax and duties.
If anyone has an Idea what the equivalent of the Excelon would be over here in Europe, I would be more than happy to go that route....
Old 11-07-2017, 01:59 PM   #6 (permalink)
Engine-Off-Coast

I paid $220 for mine on Ebay. Mine didn't have maps though, but I don't need that.

Old 11-11-2018, 10:17 PM   #7 (permalink)

Quote:
I paid $220 for mine on Ebay. Mine didn't have maps though, but I don't need that.
What brand double din frame is that?

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk
dreaminsight is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-12-2018, 06:20 PM   #8 (permalink)
Engine-Off-Coast

It's Honda OEM from an EX with nav. hondaautomotiveparts.com

Old 11-12-2018, 06:53 PM   #9 (permalink)

Quote:
It's Honda OEM from an EX with nav. hondaautomotiveparts.com
Oh thanks i looked on there site double din doesnt show up.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk
dreaminsight is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-15-2018, 10:10 AM   #10 (permalink)
Engine-Off-Coast

77251-TM8-A01ZA

https://www.hondaautomotiveparts.com...-77251tm8a01za

Might be able to find a lower price knock-off on Ebay or something, but this is the OEM part and it looks pretty nice IMO.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Insight Central: Honda Insight Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
Location (Required)
Where you live
Insurance
Please select your insurance company (Optional)

Log-in