Upgrading radio head unit - Insight Central: Honda Insight Forum

Go Back   Insight Central: Honda Insight Forum > 2nd Generation Honda Insight Forum > Honda Insight Forum 2nd-Gen Discussion

Insightcentral.net is the premier Honda Insight Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 04-12-2018, 10:46 PM   #1 (permalink)

Default Upgrading radio head unit

Hello Everyone,

I am looking to change out the head unit and wanted to see what aftermarket head units people recommend. I am looking for one that will let me install more than one camera.

Any hard lessons learned from do it yourselfers? Been many years since I changed out a stereo in my previous cars!

Car Details: 2011 Insight EX w/o NAVI, 62K miles.
Damon808 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-13-2018, 11:59 AM   #2 (permalink)

I donít have specific head unit suggestions, but if you are planning to dyi, reading this thread down in the mod section might help:

https://www.insightcentral.net/forums...ock-radio.html

There is another thread, many pages in that section, that discusses the dash piece you have to buy to install a new head unit. The gist is that the Aftermarket ones are matte black, but the one that factory NAV unit mounted in is gloss, fits any double din unit and is not very expensive.

I would suggest looking at the Crutchfield site for units that will do what you want. While they can be the most expensive, they do provide wiring adapters that I strongly suggest you use. Donít mess with the electronics in any modern car.
egads is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-13-2018, 06:44 PM   #3 (permalink)

Many Thanks for the advice! Yeah, the crutchfield site is good especially with the adapter plates and harnesses they provide. After surfing the site a bit, think I'll go with the Pearl realvision back up camera. No wires and I get all the features I want in the upgrade without advertising to the car stereo jackers that still exist today. Love that its solar powered. Main reason going this route is most if not all the head units I say didnt offer Hawaii in the GPS Navi! Oh well, google maps works for me!
Damon808 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Insight Central: Honda Insight Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
Location (Required)
Where you live
Insurance
Please select your insurance company (Optional)

Log-in