RedLine CVT fluid > shutter - Insight Central: Honda Insight Forum

Go Back   Insight Central: Honda Insight Forum > 2nd Generation Honda Insight Forum > Honda Insight Forum 2nd-Gen Discussion

Insightcentral.net is the premier Honda Insight Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-03-2018, 03:39 AM   #1 (permalink)

Arrow RedLine CVT fluid > shutter

2010 insight

Hi all I'm sure many of you enjoy the jerky cvt but mine is now slipping at 1,500 rpm when trying to take off it. I've put some redline CVT fluid in before which is a thicker fluid and it helped a lot. I had recently changed more of the CVT fluid back to honda stuff and it got worse....... Anyone else knows how to help this from happening? the powertrain warranty is over its a 2010 with 76k miles....

Summing up
Thicker CVT fluid = less slipping
OEM fluid = more slipping

I've seen some craglist posts and it seems like these cars can hit 150k miles so idk if this is "normal" when trying to take off from a start hard but not fast like with the flow of traffic. If i push the gas hard it doesn't slip as much which is funny and if i take off like a old man it doesn't slip. Only slips when i try taking off normally like everyone else next to me 1,500 rpm to 1,900 rpm i can see the needle jumping around 400 rpm up then down

> CVT fluid changed at 61k Miles with CVT filter
Ali2627 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-03-2018, 11:26 AM   #2 (permalink)

I have zero experience with CVTs but I can tell you Redline Oil has a huge amount of experience with racing Honda A/Ts, the Supercharger TL crowd mixes the standard formula with the racing formula for just the right amount of bite, giving the trans double the stock HP capacity and racing them on a track. I would call Redline's tech line (they are very friendly).
BongoBennie is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-29-2018, 11:34 AM   #3 (permalink)

Castrol Synthetic CVT Transmax fluid will fix the shudder at Autozone.
Kevinnfl is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-02-2018, 03:04 PM   #4 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kevinnfl View Post
Castrol Synthetic CVT Transmax fluid will fix the shudder at Autozone.
That's interesting. I had assumed Honda genuine CVT fluid is the only way to go. Has anyone else tried this?
hot_desert is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Insight Central: Honda Insight Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
Location (Required)
Where you live
Insurance
Please select your insurance company (Optional)

Log-in