Stabilizer / sway bar links - Insight Central: Honda Insight Forum

Go Back   Insight Central: Honda Insight Forum > 2nd Generation Honda Insight Forum > Honda Insight Forum 2nd-Gen Discussion

Insightcentral.net is the premier Honda Insight Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-31-2018, 06:15 PM   #1 (permalink)

Default Stabilizer / sway bar links

Hello all,

Long time lurker here. So, first of all, thank you all for sharing your knowledge and experience. I've never really needed to post anything because there are already so many answers here. (..testament to the wealth of knowledge here)

So, I think my girl's 2010 (141k miles) is due for some stabilizer link changes. From all my internet browsing, and from the service manual, it seems like they should be a relatively easy change? (I've done stuff like a radiator, brakes, and water pump on a 1994 Explorer)

Anyone have tips on this task? what brand(s) to look for? Also, are there any unexpected challenges I may come across when tackling this task? Special tools required/recommended etc.?

I'm assuming it'd be best to lift the front end completely, rather than one side at a time? From what I understand how the sway bar works, i'm assuming lifting only one side would load-up tension on the bar. Any bits of info would be much appreciated--even if it seems obvious or common sense.

-Mike
PomonaInsight is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-01-2018, 12:12 AM   #2 (permalink)

I have done the job on other cars; I was very easy.

Yes, if you can jack car up on both sides and remove both wheels.

The links have a nut on each end. No special tools are needed. Use an open end wrench to hold the stem to get the nut off/on.

Last edited by BackStreetXX; 09-01-2018 at 12:14 AM.
BackStreetXX is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Insight Central: Honda Insight Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
Location (Required)
Where you live
Insurance
Please select your insurance company (Optional)

Log-in