GPS Head Unit Radio For sale ? or after market - Insight Central: Honda Insight Forum

Go Back   Insight Central: Honda Insight Forum > 2nd Generation Honda Insight Forum > Honda Insight Forum 2nd-Gen Discussion

Insightcentral.net is the premier Honda Insight Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 09-17-2018, 01:43 AM   #1 (permalink)

Red face GPS Head Unit Radio For sale ? or after market

Hi ! So, i want to replace my radio head unit and i was wondering if anyone has a oem display head unit with radio code they could sell me! I only found 2 on ebay but the seller is brain dead thinking someone will pay 200+$ for a outdated crappy head unit for a unpopular car when they can just get a nice aftermarket one with that price that does so much more! But i was justing seeing if i can pick one up for like 50$ instead of getting a cheap'o head unit for the same amount.

So, my question is ! Where can i find one that's priced normally. I may call up a junkyard and ask but i find them rude and more of a scam. But if anyone has installed a aftermarket one thats around 150 let me know if its any good and how was the wire job?

**UPDATE**
HOW would i connect the stock USB to a head unit? !!!!!!!!!!!!!
im going with a kenwood
https://www.amazon.com/Kenwood-DDX25...enwood+DDX26BT

Last edited by Ali2627; 09-19-2018 at 12:12 AM.
Ali2627 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-17-2018, 03:41 AM   #2 (permalink)

Got me a 10" aftermarket android head unit.
Much better than the OEM.
Con: no integration of the reverse camera. Haven't yet found out how to do that.
Corkonian is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-17-2018, 02:41 PM   #3 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Corkonian View Post
Got me a 10" aftermarket android head unit.
Much better than the OEM.
Con: no integration of the reverse camera. Haven't yet found out how to do that.
How did you wire it? only reason why im not going after market is without a guide i can't strip the wires and connect them to the aftermarket one.....

*EDIT* , So, i bought a trim panel and now im just gonna buy a aftermarket head unit cause everyone selling on ebay is smoking crack and wants over a 150$- 225$ when i can just get a nice pienoor head unit with apple car play! It's a shame they don't want to sell it for 50$ they can enjoy keeping it for 10 years cause no one will ever buy it for that price.

So......... any recommendations for a good head unit under 130-200$ nothing of the cheap non brand ebay stuff i dont trust how long it will last

Last edited by Ali2627; 09-17-2018 at 03:46 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-17-2018, 08:56 PM   #4 (permalink)

I have a factory head unit,,I'll sell ya pm me,,70 Bucks shipped fine,
Honda hybrid442 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-18-2018, 02:49 AM   #5 (permalink)

Why not use a wiring harness from Metra or Scosche? They plug into the factory harness and have labeled wires to connect to the plug that comes with an aftermarket head unit. They make them for the speakers as well.

By the way, you cannot use a factory NAV unit in a Honda that did not come with one from the factory. The vehicle wiring harness is different.
egads is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-18-2018, 02:59 AM   #6 (permalink)

Ali2627, your profile location is ca, lower case. That usually means Canada. If you are in California, that would be CA, the postal designation. Anyway, if you are in CA, you might want to sign up for promo codes from Fry's electronics. They send you an email daily with a bunch of stuff you can by cheap using the code.
The head units under $100. do not have Apple Car Play, but most do support suri eyes free. You are gonna be over $200. to get a unit with a touch screen that does Car Play and will display a rear view camera.

The junk yards are in the oem replacement business, not necessarily selling stuff cheap. And, like I said, a better unit from a different model wouldn't necessarily work anyway.
Old 09-18-2018, 11:38 AM   #7 (permalink)

Ive found 3 headunits what do you think
(
https://www.amazon.com/dp/B075FFRM67...537236969&sr=3

https://www.amazon.com/Pioneer-MVH-2...2%3A2661618011

https://www.amazon.com/Android-Touch...headunit&psc=1
Old 09-18-2018, 04:02 PM   #8 (permalink)

All three are good choices for entry level double din multi media players. None of those do Apple car play. But all would allow control of an iPhone or android device connected by bluetooth or usb. Those all seem to have the usb connection on the rear, there are other units with a usb behind a little door on the front.

No matter what you get, ups will need:

https://www.amazon.com/Metra-40-HD11...ype=automotive

And:

https://www.amazon.com/Metra-70-1729.../dp/B001JT3NZK
Old 09-18-2018, 04:05 PM   #9 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by egads View Post
All three are good choices for entry level double din multi media players. None of those do Apple car play. But all would allow control of an iPhone or android device connected by bluetooth or usb. Those all seem to have the usb connection on the rear, there are other units with a usb behind a little door on the front.

No matter what you get, ups will need:

https://www.amazon.com/Metra-40-HD11...ype=automotive

And:

https://www.amazon.com/Metra-70-1729.../dp/B001JT3NZK

You know a video or thred where it explains what wire to connect to what wire? Cause once i open up my stock radio im just gonna connect the colors that match hah and i assume some wont
Old 09-18-2018, 04:56 PM   #10 (permalink)

Use the Metra kit. No need to hack your harness to save $8.00. You're going to need a metra kit for mounting it as well.

And I have to say this. I helped a friend buy a Miata with a cheap head unit like you're talking about. I didn't like it and she hated it. The display wasn't bright enough to see in the daytime, no nav, and the radio wasn't anything to brag about. It wasn't user friendly. Just crap. We ended up replacing it with a stock unit, which she loves, and she gave the other one away.

What are you expecting to gain by this exchange?

Sam
MIMA #150
Genesis Charger and Discharger
BumbleBee Battery
OBDIIC&C Gauge
NM license plate KERS
(Kinetic Energy Recovery System)
Alpine Stereo
Scott's front and rear springs
GAZ rear shocks
2003 Lean Burn CVT (Wife's car)
2000 Citrus with aerodynamic extension
2002 Blue getting new engine
Rainsux is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Insight Central: Honda Insight Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
Location (Required)
Where you live
Insurance
Please select your insurance company (Optional)

Log-in