Keyfob range sucks , does it for you? - Insight Central: Honda Insight Forum

Go Back   Insight Central: Honda Insight Forum > 2nd Generation Honda Insight Forum > Honda Insight Forum 2nd-Gen Discussion

Insightcentral.net is the premier Honda Insight Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 10-30-2018, 04:03 PM   #1 (permalink)

Default Keyfob range sucks , does it for you?

2010 insight and the keyfob range sucks compared to my nissan. Is it the battery or does everyone else have this issue where you have to be able to close by for it to work even if you try the trick of putting it under ur head.
My versa keyfob can set the alarm off from down the street while the insight u have to be close by!

what battery does it take CR1616 will anything else work?
Ali2627 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-30-2018, 11:14 PM   #2 (permalink)

Perhaps you should just limit annoying your neighbors with your car to the Versa then. Yes the replacement is a CR 1616. Haven't replaced one yet. I have used the unlock button to flash the lights in a parking lot to find it, can't remember the range. Any aftermarket tint? Just replace with a name brand battery.
egads is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-04-2018, 09:12 AM   #3 (permalink)

Yes. Mine sucks too. Weirdly the Unlock button seems to have less range than the lock button too. Sometimes I lock the car from my front porch after carrying in the groceries, etc. It will usually reach the 20-ish feet to do that, but the unlock button has to be pressed within 10 feet of the car.

I just live with it. And actually, I typically use the key in the trunk lock first which opens all the doors anyway, since I throw my work bag into the trunk before driving anywhere.
HiSPL is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-30-2018, 02:18 PM   #4 (permalink)
Lifetime Member

Yeah, the range sucked on my 2011. Half the time I'd have to walk back part ways from the porch towards the car because I couldn't remember if I had actually heard the locks click when locking it. It was rare that the fob would actually make the lights blink from the porch when locking. That's maybe 20-30ft. On the Nissan truck I had before, I'd be able to always hit lock and see the lights flash even when parked a couple of houses down the street.
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Insight Central: Honda Insight Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in