- Take it to Honda stealership ask them if there are any recalls for the car
- Should be recall for roof moulding, takata air bags, and IMA software
-- There are two extra secret software updates for the IMA!! You want ALL 3!!
-- Might have to say, if they don't have record of the two extra software updates, for them to plug their computer into the car and apply any updates that are available
-- Usually you can get them to do that for free if you're getting some other kind of service such as a oil change or the airbag recall
- Buy 5 Quarts of CVT fluid at the parts counter
Now that you had your trip to Honda, NEVER GO THERE EVER AGAIN
- At 80K miles replace CVT Fluid, External CVT Filter, and INTERNAL CVT Filter.
- Go to hondaautomotiveparts.com or g1parts.com and buy the four following items:
25430-PLR-003 (External Filter)
25420-RBL-003 (Pan Filter)
The gasket is for the CVT fluid pan, you need to replace the stock one when you drop the pan. Washer is for the drain bolt. Procedure is actually pretty easy, the only hard part is getting the gunk off the magnets with a cloth and removing the old gasket from the pan. Only tools required are pliers, phillips screwdriver, an old credit card, some carb cleaner (to remove the gasket), socket wrench, a 14mm socket for the drain bolt, and a 10mm socket for the pan bolts.
Somewhere after 100K:
- Replace all 8! spark plugs with the stock ones
- I'm at 135K and I haven't done it yet, but I should. I'm just poor which is why I drive an Insight
Mobil-1 0W20 and their filter is pretty good, their oil lasts a long time.
If you DIY your oil changes that thing is a huge help. They were initially recommended for the G1 Insights, but I put one on my G2 as well and it's the best.