accident with pedestrian - Insight Central: Honda Insight Forum

Go Back   Insight Central: Honda Insight Forum > 2nd Generation Honda Insight Forum > Honda Insight Forum 2nd-Gen Discussion

Insightcentral.net is the premier Honda Insight Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 03-05-2019, 01:57 PM   #1 (permalink)
Hap

Default accident with pedestrian

My wife hit a 17 YO girl who ran out in front of her! The girl was badly injured but is alive and has recovered. The 2014 Insight had significant damage- dented hood and dent on top of car, dented driver door and broke off left mirror, smashed the windshield and scuffed up the dashboard. When I arrived, the police had her in custody but immediately told me there were plenty of witnesses who saw her run out in front of her and not too worry. The police said she was required to go to hospital and draw blood even though they are not giving her sobriety test and have no reason to suspect her of any wrong doing, including speeding. They would not allow me to go to hospital with her which really upset me because she was still shaken up over hitting someone. After the car was fixed, I asked her if she wanted to trade it in now and she said she would still keep it, but the scuffed up dash is a constant reminder.
Hap is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-05-2019, 01:59 PM   #2 (permalink)
Kix

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hap View Post
My wife hit a 17 YO girl who ran out in front of her! The girl was badly injured but is alive and has recovered. The 2014 Insight had significant damage- dented hood and dent on top of car, dented driver door and broke off left mirror, smashed the windshield and scuffed up the dashboard. When I arrived, the police had her in custody but immediately told me there were plenty of witnesses who saw her run out in front of her and not too worry. The police said she was required to go to hospital and draw blood even though they are not giving her sobriety test and have no reason to suspect her of any wrong doing, including speeding. They would not allow me to go to hospital with her which really upset me because she was still shaken up over hitting someone. After the car was fixed, I asked her if she wanted to trade it in now and she said she would still keep it, but the scuffed up dash is a constant reminder.

Did insurance fix the car? Why didn't they replace the dash as well?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Cruise Control
Parrot Bluetooth
70 000km
Oil Consumption Rebuild 06/2018
Kix is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-05-2019, 02:08 PM   #3 (permalink)
Hap

I paid the 500 deductible and was told the dash was going to be fixed but apparently the shop didn't replace it. I think the shop was thinking they could save money and buff it out but they didn't do that either. Thats the one thing not happy about. We did not pursue the damage from the injured girl but it was actually her fault for the whole accident by stupidly running out in front of a car. There was a bunch of friends with her who shouted NO and she ran anyways. These were the kids that reported to police that it was not my wifes fault.
Hap is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-05-2019, 02:32 PM   #4 (permalink)
Kix

The insurance needs to put you back in the position you were in before the accident - undamaged dash. They need to sort it out.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Cruise Control
Parrot Bluetooth
70 000km
Oil Consumption Rebuild 06/2018
Kix is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-05-2019, 02:34 PM   #5 (permalink)

Go to the body shop and request that they fix the dash. If they refuse get your insurance company to take over and get them to do it.

Sam
MIMA #150
Genesis Charger and Discharger
BumbleBee Battery
OBDIIC&C Gauge
NM license plate KERS
(Kinetic Energy Recovery System)
Alpine Stereo
Scott's front and rear springs
GAZ rear shocks
2003 Lean Burn CVT (Wife's car)
2000 Citrus with aerodynamic extension
2002 Blue getting new engine
Rainsux is online now   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-05-2019, 04:06 PM   #6 (permalink)

How does the dash look?
Seems like the only reason you want to replace the dash is because of a "Reminder".
Maybe it is better to keep it as a "Reminder" to be aware of stupid people doing stupid things.
MaxIMA Battery (Serial #2), on 8/25/12 @ 301,000 miles
Another MaxIMA Battery, on 6/25/17 @ 399,252 miles
Use: 438,000 mi. @ 58.2 LMPG.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 2 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 2 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Last edited by Willie Williford; 03-05-2019 at 04:08 PM.
Willie Williford is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Insight Central: Honda Insight Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in