Road Rage & Insight - Insight Central: Honda Insight Forum

Go Back   Insight Central: Honda Insight Forum > 2nd Generation Honda Insight Forum > Honda Insight Forum 2nd-Gen Discussion

Insightcentral.net is the premier Honda Insight Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 10-25-2016, 05:48 PM   #1 (permalink)

Default Road Rage & Insight

I only started driving an Insight, 2nd Gen, since January of this year.

I got a used 2010 Insight and ever since, I have noticed something unusual.

I get more people on the road beeping at me, passing me with anger, giving me the finger, tailgating me, beeping at me, not waiting for me at lights and stop signs although it is my turn, etc...

I noticed that with my old car (Honda FIT), this did not happen as much at all.

I am starting to think that there is a stigma and people have a negative assumption that just because it is a hybrid, they assume it is slow and owner will drive super slow.

Do you guys agree, anyone experience similar situations?
Moota is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-25-2016, 06:05 PM   #2 (permalink)

no, never happened to me ... must be ur driving habits ... or perhaps there's a kick me sign hanging from the rear bumper?

2011 Insight LX - 78k miles
jcbesq is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-25-2016, 08:15 PM   #3 (permalink)

The Physciatric Society claims that a record 50% of Americans are crazy enough that they should be medicated.

My experience has been as my average driving speed has increase over the last 5 years the number of near misses (rear ended on the highway)
Has gone up massively.

People seem to be incapacitated and unable to see in front of them on an empty highway, they also appear to be incapable of turning the steering wheel.
They also seem to believe 20 over the limit is a good idea.

As our state has raised speed limits highway deaths this year compared to last have gone up 35%

So no your not crazy, police need to start enforcing the law aggressive on the highway and removing those who don't belong
rmay635703 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-26-2016, 04:11 PM   #4 (permalink)

even when i am going speed limit or a little above, I get harassed by cars behind me and cut off and beeped at.

Where I live in Montreal, Police now has quotas for tickets and sadly, they mostly only go out and stop people when they need to reach their quotas or make more money for the government. It is now a question of money vs safety.

I always try to go out of the way of people who want to go very fast but when they start beeping at me and harassing me, it becomes annoying and insulting, specially considering, I am not even going that slow and I am not even on the left fast lane...
Old 10-26-2016, 10:23 PM   #5 (permalink)

Well, I guess the currently ascendant jerk pride movement is in Canada as well. But we have it's standard-bearer.
egads is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-27-2016, 06:06 AM   #6 (permalink)

It's just Hybrid rage. It happens.
Uriel is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-27-2016, 05:19 PM   #7 (permalink)

Same thing with me and my G1. Rage rage rage. If I drive the dually Ram pickup, whole different story.
2000 Insight 5 spd, A/C, Silver #0486 "Y2k"..RE92s/55psi..WAI..IMA fan-always-on mod..Calpod..Regen PB..BumbleBee BeeMax..Natalya's EFAS
2000 Insight 5 spd, A/C, Red #2685 "Lil' Red"..RE92s/50psi..WAI..otherwise stock
2000 Insight 5 spd, A/C, Citrus #3167 "Firefly"..RE92s/50psi..WAI..otherwise stock

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 2 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 2 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

skleasia is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-29-2016, 12:40 PM   #8 (permalink)

Glad to hear that I am not the only one.
Just because we drive a Hybrid, does not mean we are slow and bad drivers, hope more people would understand this.
Old 10-29-2016, 02:12 PM   #9 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moota View Post
Glad to hear that I am not the only one.
Just because we drive a Hybrid, does not mean we are slow and bad drivers, hope more people would understand this.

I drove the full 105mph and was still passed by 2 cars, I learned long ago to ignore the brutes an so drive legally, there is always someone driving faster so no sense trying to cater
rmay635703 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-29-2016, 04:51 PM   #10 (permalink)
Lifetime Member

I drive a first gen and while there may be less general respect since it's a small car, that transparent lower half of the rear window makes everyone seem that much closer. Plus it doesn't look like a beater, most people know not to try anything against a beat up car like my neon was.

I also like to think that people are either pacing or following close to get a better look at it. I still get people approaching me at gas stations and parking lots, adults and kids alike.
fusion210 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Insight Central: Honda Insight Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
Location (Required)
Where you live
Insurance
Please select your insurance company (Optional)

Log-in