What does the rear spoiler really look like? - Insight Central: Honda Insight Forum

Go Back   Insight Central: Honda Insight Forum > 3rd Generation Honda Insight Forum > Honda Insight Forum 3rd-Gen Discussion

Insightcentral.net is the premier Honda Insight Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-14-2019, 06:44 PM   #1 (permalink)

Hey all!

I'm planning on buying a new Insight Touring and the one thing killing me is whether to get the wing spoiler or not. The installed cost is not trivial at $500 and I'm guessing it'd leave holes if I ever wanted to remove it?

I can see an approximation in Honda's online builder and I just saw a spoiler in that Japanese video thread, but that looks pretty different than what is shown in the builder.

Has anyone here (or that you know of online) actually gotten this installed and has pictures or videos? Just not sure if it’d seem tacked on in person or not.

Much appreciated!
Shawn

Last edited by ShawnFumo; 01-14-2019 at 10:45 PM. Reason: More specific
ShawnFumo is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-15-2019, 12:00 AM   #2 (permalink)

I recently did a few you tube videos on my personal opinion of my new insight. In the first video towards the beginning I do a walk around of my car and you can see what the spoiler looks like on a crimson pearl colored touring. My channel is under the name elf Roberts and the video is called 2019 Honda Insight personal review. I bought the spoiler online for about 25% off normal price and had it installed by Honda. It's beautiful and quite frankly I think the trunk opens and closes better with it on due to the updated springs added to the trunk as part of the install kit. I highly recommend it.
Verdier is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-16-2019, 01:51 PM   #3 (permalink)

Thumbs up

Thanks Verdier, that video does help! I'm planning on an Aegean Blue Touring with the same all-weather accessories, so what you have is pretty close to what I was already thinking. I just don't think I can afford the parking sensors yet if that's another $1k installed.

Last edited by ShawnFumo; 01-16-2019 at 01:58 PM.
ShawnFumo is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-22-2019, 03:16 PM   #4 (permalink)

The Agean Blue is a nice color for the Touring. I am also thinking about the parking sensor, it is expensive. Parts are $370 but the installation will take some time, both bumpers have to be removed and holes drilled into both. Might be worth the $1k

https://www.collegehillshonda.com/in...ingsensors.pdf
Chan_man is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Insight Central: Honda Insight Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
Location (Required)
Where you live
Insurance
Please select your insurance company (Optional)

Log-in