Dealer Installed Parking Sensors - Insight Central: Honda Insight Forum

Go Back   Insight Central: Honda Insight Forum > 3rd Generation Honda Insight Forum > Honda Insight Forum 3rd-Gen Discussion

Insightcentral.net is the premier Honda Insight Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-23-2019, 02:00 PM   #1 (permalink)

Default Dealer Installed Parking Sensors

Before you get Parking Sensors Installed, make sure you get a certified Honda Body shop to install, and check out online reviews before you get them installed. My local Honda Dealership attempted to install the parking sensors, and the photographs speak for themselves of their workmanship. To top it off they didn’t work and never bothered to read the install manual of initial setup. They also caused dents and scratches on the driver’s side door sill. I had to send my vehicle to a body shop, and my vehicle took 23 days to repair because they had to re-order all the parts and replace the front and back bumpers.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 1.jpg (84.7 KB, 13 views)
File Type: jpg 2.jpg (94.2 KB, 7 views)
File Type: jpg 3.jpg (45.3 KB, 7 views)
File Type: jpg 4.jpg (64.1 KB, 7 views)
File Type: jpg 5.jpg (41.6 KB, 8 views)

Last edited by navyseabee; 01-23-2019 at 02:03 PM.
navyseabee is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-23-2019, 02:02 PM   #2 (permalink)

Default More Pictures

Attached Images
File Type: jpg 6.jpg (25.4 KB, 4 views)
File Type: jpg 7.jpg (116.3 KB, 6 views)
File Type: jpg 8.jpg (37.0 KB, 5 views)
Old 01-24-2019, 02:12 PM   #3 (permalink)

I am amazed that they would release the car with these problems. After all that, are these sensors worth it?
Chan_man is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-24-2019, 04:00 PM   #4 (permalink)

Yes, after the repairs the sensors do work well, and it integrates with the center display with visual and audio indicators of how close you are to an object. 4 sensors in the back and 2 in the front. Not as good as an all-around view camera system found on some vehicles, IE Camry Hybrid XLE with bird’s eye view camera option package, but then you are spending 39K and I didn't want to spend that. The cost was $1,000 for parts and labor to install and I think it is well worth it. I do not recommend having the dealership do the install, and have it sent out to a certified body shop. I have very little trust in any dealership to install anything other than floor mats from now on.
Old 01-24-2019, 04:27 PM   #5 (permalink)

Yeah I agree they do work well except for not having cross traffic alert. Sorry to hear you had problems with your dealer, mine has about four Honda master mechanics and the process went well. While I can understand why you would recommend a body shop after what happened, I still think it's better to have a dealership do it. The main reason I hold to this point is the fact the car is probably under manufacturer's warranty and if they do screw up you have a path of complaint straight to Honda. By sticking with the dealer you have a more direct path of complaint with the manufacturer and if all else fails you have a more reliable path for a consumer complaint with the state or local media. I could be wrong here, but if you run into problems you can still say " I gave this to a Honda representative to install and they messed it up and Honda refuses to help me even though I used one of their dealers!". Just an opinion.
Verdier is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Insight Central: Honda Insight Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
Location (Required)
Where you live
Insurance
Please select your insurance company (Optional)

Log-in