Have You Seen 2019 Insights On the Road? - Insight Central: Honda Insight Forum

Go Back   Insight Central: Honda Insight Forum > 3rd Generation Honda Insight Forum > Honda Insight Forum 3rd-Gen Discussion

Insightcentral.net is the premier Honda Insight Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-24-2019, 09:56 PM   #1 (permalink)

Question Have You Seen 2019 Insights On the Road?

How many new 2019 Insights have you seen out there on the road?

Since I really seriously started looking at the new Insight, and finally fell so in love with it I had to purchase one, I've been looking for them out there in the wild. I drive a lot around NYC and NNJ, as well as Westchester up north to "weekend home land" where the wealthy go to escape the city. Lots of new style vehicles with various signature LED tail lights, running lights and LED headlights. It's all the rage now. But so far I have not seen any new Insights out there. Not one! And I don't understand why.

I think the new Insight looks better than 99% of the new-style sedans out there. And the exterior lights are awesome in design and style. It's a "prowler" look. Wild, but not evil. Very unique! Very complementary! I would have spotted them a mile away if I saw them, but so far none in a whole lot of traffic every day.

So, are we an exclusive group of proud owners? Is this car the best kept secret? Don't get me wrong, I like being the first to show off this cool car, but I would have thought someone else would have picked up on by now. I'm sure it will eventually catch on, but I was wondering what other 2019 owners have seen so far.

Phil

Last edited by PHILBERT; 01-24-2019 at 09:58 PM.
PHILBERT is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-25-2019, 01:03 AM   #2 (permalink)

We got some here in LA! It took a while though, I only started seeing more than 1 Insight around November and now I see multiple ones on the road to/from work.
vieravy is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-25-2019, 06:56 AM   #3 (permalink)

I parked next to one at work a couple weeks ago. I found the owner (who came from a Prius). He was as shocked to see another Insight as I was. His was the first one I had seen in the wild since I bought mine in August.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 2 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
hasarad is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-25-2019, 11:54 AM   #4 (permalink)

Garage

Saw a handful in LA last week. Here is one at the airport.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 3DB9EBCE-4CE3-4BDF-89CE-8589F2B92A80_1548435241698.jpg (142.1 KB, 9 views)
andr0373 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-25-2019, 06:04 PM   #5 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by andr0373 View Post
Saw a handful in LA last week. Here is one at the airport.
Isn't that a Clarity?
vieravy is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-25-2019, 10:52 PM   #6 (permalink)

That is a Clarity, with that unfortunate choice of rear fenders covering the tops of the rear tires. Thought about one of those for the 50 mile EV range and plug-in charging. Too big, and not as nicely styled as the Insight.

Well I'm glad it's starting to take off a little. I could see Cali being a big Insight state. I hope it starts taking off here. It would be nice to see Honda get there due for designing such a great car.

So it's Friday night and I decided to go crusin'. Got a few people checking out my ride. A Charger challenged me to a race, and I can't believe I left him behind. Then this Kia Optima tried to race me. I blew it away. Some of that was better driving skills, reading the road ahead and knowing how to get through traffic. But what surprised me was how well it did. Sport Mode, of course. This car CAN giddy up and slice through traffic. It handled very well. I had a ton of fun. Man, I love this car.

Phil
Old 01-26-2019, 02:03 PM   #7 (permalink)
Lifetime Member

I drove my G1 Insight to Texas (from Nashville, TN) to stay with some friends the week after Christmas. I volunteered to drive myself and the host out to grab some food one evening, and he ended up driving us in his daughters car. Being as oblivious as humanly possible, we made our trip in a car that I assume to be a new accord or civic. The next day, I drove my car to grab some food, and pulled up to his house behind a brand new 3rd Gen Insight. They had other guests over that evening, so I walked in and asked "So, Who here is driving the 3rd gen Insight?" and they look to me like I'm an idiot. IT's a cool car, interior reminds me of a civic or accord
Old 01-28-2019, 10:43 PM   #8 (permalink)

I've had mine since September here in San Diego and I've only seen one! and I do a lot of driving. I'm not complaining, There's so many Civics and Accords out there it's nice to know I stand out, at least for now....
londawg is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-29-2019, 06:04 AM   #9 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by londawg View Post
I've had mine since September here in San Diego and I've only seen one! and I do a lot of driving. I'm not complaining, There's so many Civics and Accords out there it's nice to know I stand out, at least for now....
I feel the same way.

But I do hope sales pick up and it's a successes. The G3 Insight deserves that credit.

Since I have been hanging around my local Honda dealer, they have not rolled one onto the showroom floor. That is sad. A nice white one on the floor would go a long way to introducing the new Insight to the market. Instead, they show all these [email protected]$$ SUV type gas hogs. Those, and maybe a loaded Accord. Once a sport Civic. No Insight! Foolish.

I guess most are followers, not leaders. I prefer the later, thank you.

Phil
Old 01-29-2019, 09:55 AM   #10 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by PHILBERT View Post
Since I have been hanging around my local Honda dealer, they have not rolled one onto the showroom floor. That is sad. A nice white one on the floor would go a long way to introducing the new Insight to the market. Instead, they show all these [email protected]$$ SUV type gas hogs. Those, and maybe a loaded Accord. Once a sport Civic. No Insight! Foolish.
Phil
Along similar lines, Honda isn't including the Insight at the end of TV commercials where their full line-up is displayed. It may relate to current size of market, production plans, and projected sales. Honda estimated 2019 Insight refresh sales would be 24k to 29k in the first year, or ~10% the size of the Civic market. The year-to-date sales numbers for the Insight are within that expected range.
insitefully is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Insight Central: Honda Insight Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
Location (Required)
Where you live
Insurance
Please select your insurance company (Optional)

Log-in