Attn Bull Dog: Fluke comparison - Insight Central: Honda Insight Forum

Go Back   Insight Central: Honda Insight Forum > Off Topic Section > Honda Insight Lounge

Insightcentral.net is the premier Honda Insight Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 03-22-2017, 06:49 PM   #1 (permalink)

Default Attn Bull Dog: Fluke comparison

Bull Dog,

Thanks for the PM earlier telling me about your overseas fluke.

I took a couple photos of my friend's genuine fluke. He told me his dad paid $300, not $400. But sounds like your overseas market one might be identical for around $80? His Fluke 87 actually has a backlight, cool. My el cheapo radio shack and semi cheapo general bluetooth ones do not have a backlight. But the bluetooth one is quite handy to monitor voltage from my phone and record them with a tap. This can be scripted too for automated recording, although transfer to spreadsheet is manual.

Photos of the Fluke 87 with and without backlight on, does your looks identical?:

And the general bluetooth one, no backlight available:

Advertisement

Old 03-23-2017, 02:36 AM   #2 (permalink)
Learner

Entirely different. I'm a hobbiest and there is no way I could justify spending $300+ on a meter that I use 3-5 times a year.

I bought this one after watching the videos AvE did on his Fluke 12B+.

I inherited this Fluke from my Grandfather. It is Made in the USA and I would guess it has to be at least 20-25 years old now. Still works like a champ too.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg P1000712.jpg (157.5 KB, 21 views)
File Type: jpg P1000714.jpg (143.6 KB, 21 views)

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 2 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Bull Dog is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-23-2017, 12:55 PM   #3 (permalink)

Nice! That 73 III still goes for $300 on amazon for new unit when in stock:

https://camelcamelcamel.com/Corporat...uct/B0002SRIXM

According to Fluke website, it has lifetime warranty!

AvE's video is for the 12E. Do you know difference between the 12E and 17E, and why you decided to get the 17E? Looks like the 17E has a backlight as well?

Last edited by esprout; 03-23-2017 at 12:58 PM.
esprout is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-23-2017, 01:29 PM   #4 (permalink)
Learner

AvE has the 12E+. The 17B+ is basically a version of the 12E+ with more features. The 17B+ has native Hertz counting as well as duty cycle for PWM. It also comes with a thermister for temperature reading. The "+" is important because the 17B is a different product with a smaller screen.

My 17B+ has screen illumination as well. It is also worthy of noting that these meters are not True RMS.

Edit: I don't know if it has been mentioned, but these Asia market only meters don't have a warranty in North America. I shouldn't really need to say this but, if you are a professional, these meters are not for you.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 2 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Last edited by Bull Dog; 03-23-2017 at 01:51 PM.
Bull Dog is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Insight Central: Honda Insight Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in